Friday, November 26, 2010

The Ladies. The Beauty Products. The Beauty Board!

The lovely Stephanie Daga of Blush Pretty hosting the event and doin' her thang!

When there's an event with everything I love - good food, great company, and of course beauty products - I'm there! I was invited by Stephanie and thrilled to be apart of my first Beauty Board. I had the awesome pleasure of demoing holiday beauty trends on 2 models attending the event. Now the thing with women who love their beauty products - it's hard to pull them away even if it's to get their makeup done by a pro. While my group was small, I still had a fun time showing the women the latest trends using products from the vendors at the event.

 Demoing a bold shimmery red lip using DaLish glosses. Top pictures photo credit: Jonathan Ponce

I did a second look doing a jewel tone smoky eye on another lovely model using a gorgeous Vasanti eye shadow palette and loose eye shadow powder. The green in her eyes just popped! I used a DaLish gloss mixed with a gold shimmer powder from Vasanti on the lips.


Brands in attendance:

Lovely Emily from Cake Beauty! Heather was there as well but I didn't catch her in the photo. It was great to put a face to the names. Their booth was always crowded and for good reason! Beauty Scoop: Cake is giving away 2 miniature Satin Sugar Hair & Body Refreshing Powders (1 of each shade) starting today until December 2nd! Visit www.cakebeauty.com for this sweet deal!

The awesome CEO, Melanie Cruickshank, of DaLish Cosmetics. The line gets you looking glamorous in simple, easy-to-use products. I love the Lip Balm/Cheek Blush balms!

Founder and creator, Andrea of Cheeky Monkey Cosmetics, is one smart, witty and hilarious woman! I don't know how many polish applications she did that night - everyone wanted to get their hands on these edgy polishes!

The sweet Kristin from the all-natural Canadian skincare line, Consonant, which I'm totally in love with right now. My skin feels amazing!

The awesome Gargi from Vasanti workin' her magic on one of the Beauty Boarders. If you haven't heard, Gargi broke the world record of most lipsticks applied in one hour at the National Women's Show! 

The lovely ladies from Mary Kay who were so sweet and answered my many questions. I have yet to do a review from the Fall collection but my fave product from the collection is the baked shimmer powder in Dusk.

Loved Heather from Cake! She got her nails did at the end of the night in one of my fave shades Tease!

It was a perfect night filled with all things beauty. Besides the swag (and there was a lot of swag), the cool part was catching up with Stephanie!


She's an awesome, beautiful and inspiring mommy-preneur who loves beauty as much as I do. I felt like I had known her for years and we hit it off right away. With organizing beauty events, working as a freelance makeup artist, writing a blog, maintaining an on-line beauty store, working at a spa studio, giving sewing lessons, being a wife, and a mom two too little boys I don't know where she finds the time! Thank you so much for a fun night and for letting me being apart of it! I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Stay tuned for my favourite products from the event! To read more about The Beauty Board check out Stephanie's blog for updates and reviews! To see more photos from the event click here.

Have you been to The Beauty Board? It's a must-attend event!

5 comments:

Elaine A said...

I had a fabulous time at this event. The food, the music, the products, the atmosphere -- all AMAZING!

My favorite by far however was meeting you Joy and Stephanie :) After "e-meeting" through twitter it was so nice to meet you both in person.

Stephanie "Not so thin" Daga said...

First: I think you are awesome.
Second: love that you posted a pic of me far in the background because I look thinner that way.
Third: Love that the last picture is cropped - again, I look thinner that way
Fourth: I think you are awesome.

Thank you so much for this delightful post. I'm so glad you came, I'm so glad we met, and I really look forward to working with you some more and getting to know you better ... the beginnings of a beautiful friendship ... that happens to include lots of makeup ...

Heart.

(Hi Elaine!!!)

Make-up Junkie said...

@Elaine - It was so great to meet you as well! It's always nice to put a face to the blog lol.

Make-up Junkie said...

@Stephanie I heart you. We are soul makeup sistas for sure! And I so look forward to our budding friendship hehe. AND you sooo do not need to worry about looking thin mama! ;)

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty said...

Joy your amazing!