Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Beauty Review: Perk Me Up, Pick Me Up With Smashbox's O-Glow!
I'm finally back to blogging after being away sick for a week. I couldn't manage to drag myself out of bed or off the couch until today! Thank you to those who sent well wishes! I'm still sick but feel a lot better.
Due to my chest cold, I had been feeling icky and my skin has been blotchy. I was tired of looking at my pasty, blotchy skin when I finally decided to pluck my overgrown brows and put on some much needed makeup! If you're ever sick and need some good perk-me-up tips here are some things I did.
1. Take a shower! There's nothing like a good hot shower to make you feel brand new again. I pampered myself by lathering my skin with Philosophy's Mimosa 3 in 1 Body Wash. The scent is so yummy and it reminds me of the summertime.
2. I find when I get sick my skin gets so dehydrated even after drinking a gallon of fluids. To get my skin feeling baby soft again, I moisturized with Lubriderm's Skin Nourishing with Shea and Cocoa Butter . I like it because it has a nice subtle smell and is non-greasy.
3. Before applying my make-up, I wanted my skin to be fresh and smooth. Since my skin was already blotchy, I stayed away from the facial scrubs and decided to do a mask instead. St. Ives has a great one called Blue Clay Firming Mask. The clay lifts away the dead skin cells and firms without drying or dulling the skin.
4. The best tip to bring some life to your face is to choose a great blush. After I concealed and powdered my t-zone, I decided to try Smashbox's O-Glow that everyone had been ranting and raving about. This product is the perfect and easiest blush to apply. You can't go wrong with the colour because the gel based formula (Goji Berry C-Complex) reacts with your skin's chemistry to produce the colour you normally do when you blush or exercise. When you first apply it to the skin, it goes on clear but within seconds it turns into a beautiful rosy shade! Don't be afraid of the bright fuchsia colour when it first hits the skin. Once it's blended into your cheek, it'll look more natural. It stayed put all day and rejuvenated my skin and spirit! I just added some mascara and gloss and voila I was back to life! If you're one of those people that has a hard time finding the right blush try this one and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.
5. Put on a great outfit, spritz on your favourite scent (I love the sweet cotton candy smell of Aquolina's Pink Sugar), and listen to some upbeat music (at the moment I'm really enjoying Canadian hip hop artist K-OS' "Sunday Morning" song). I didn't actually go anywhere today. I just got all dressed up and danced around the house with my baby boy. I know cheesy - but at least I looked good! haha