If you want to stay on your mother's good side or want to make sure your significant other stays on your good side, here are some great yummy mummy gift ideas (I'd love to get) to show your love and appreciation. I think I'll have to pass this list on to my babes... ;)
1. For the mother who loves makeup and can't enough of it Sephora has a lot of great palettes like Nars' Artist Palette (#1 on my list!), Lorac's Picture Perfect palette which is a picture frame on the front and makeup palette on the inside (genius!), or Sephora's Summer Blockbuster Palette.
2. My mom has the smoothest skin I've ever seen on a woman of "wisdom". Skincare has always been an important part of her beauty regime and if you're mom is like mine she'll enjoy these wonderful skin care sets like Sephora's Sun Safety Kit which includes all the best sun products Sephora carries (a set I shall have to put on my list), Strivectin's 2 Step Mother's Day Set The Gift of Youth (who doesn't want to look younger?), or Philosphy's Skincare Essentials Kit which comes in their signature cosmetic bags.
3. When my brothers and I couldn't come up with something original we'd get my mom perfume. If your mother or you are a kid at heart and love sweet scented fragrances then Aquolina's Pink Sugar Luxury Set is the perfect choice. If timeless scents are more her style Dior J'Adore Gift Set or Bvlgari Pour Femme Gift Set are great classics. For the fruity and "delicious" DKNY's Be Delicious Mother's Day Coffret smells just like a yummy green apple or one of my favourites Fresh Sugar Lychee Gift Set. If she's a vanilla fiend like me all the Lavanila fragrances are sinfully wonderful. If she's a woman that loves exotic blends that remind her of a tropical island, try Island Michael Kors Hawaii. For the sensual and mysterious woman a favourite of mine has been Gucci Rush or Calvin Klein's Euphoria.
4. Do a spa day either at your favourite spa or something more cozy like at your home with a few other mothers! Have a girly day indulging in spa products like Bliss' Simply The "Zest" Lemon+Sage Spa-in-a-box, The Body Shop's Feet Treat Elite for those hardworking feet, or Cake Beauty's yummy scented Hand Treat Trio for those overworked hands.
5. If you really want to go over the top make a nice gift basket with all her favourite beauty products, music, books etc! Set up a mother's day brunch with her and her closet friends and have it catered. What a perfect way to spend the day!
There are many ways to make Mother's Day a special one so whatever you decide on give it your own twist and make it fabulous!