Monday, May 7, 2007

Beauty Review: Moisture Loss No More with Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion!



I bet the majority of you all have tubs and bottles of body butters and creams stocked in your bathroom cupboards or overflowing on your vanity tables. I myself have a cupboard full of unfinished body creams from all different brands. Women are always in the search for that one product that will solve all their dry skin needs. We all want to have softer, smoother younger looking skin right? Skin MD's Natural Shielding Lotion is a face, hand, and body lotion that will cure cracked dry skin and much more! Here is what Dr. Lisa Benest, board of certified dermatologist says about the Shielding Lotion:

"Shielding lotions not only protect the skin's barrier but they restore the moisture to the skin and allow the skin to continue to moisturize itself, so that your skin does not become addicted to moisturizer and ultimately cures the dry skin."
Most body lotions only temporarily relieve dry skin and do not protect the skin's barrier. The Shielding Lotion literally acts as a shield protecting against mild soaps and cleansers and any other irritant that would strip away the skin's natural moisture. It lasts for hours and does not wash away like most conventional lotions. It is also good for people with eczema and psoriasis. The lotion contains no animal products and no animal testing, dermatology tested, fragrance and colorant free, hypoallergenic, paraben free and non-comedogenic.

Here's what I thought:
The lotion definitely acts as a "shield". It almost has a watered down gel texture and easily blends into your skin. My skin felt smooth and it really did feel like there was a barrier on my skin. When I washed my hands, they did not dry out right away. Over time, I did see a noticeable difference in the appearance of my hands. I'm constantly washing my them and washing baby bottles so my hands were becoming cracked and looking older beyond their years. I had asked a friend who has eczema on her face to test out the lotion but she was a little skeptical about being a guinea pig for fear her face would become worse. Fair enough and understandable.

When I asked my friends what they thought of the packaging, they thought it was a little boring and was a product that you would only see in a doctor's office. They said the packaging needs to be redone to compete with the millions of other body lotions out there. One of my friends, who is a true beauty junkie, said that even if the product has amazing healing properties she still wouldn't dish out $25 + based on the packaging. To appeal to lovers of the beauty industry it's got to have the whole package or the "it" factor. When asked about the scent half said they liked that the Shielding Lotion didn't have a fragrance and the other half would prefer a subtle scent.

Will I stop using my other body butters and creams? The truth is I haven't and probably won't. Reason being is that I can't resist yummy scented products and love how soft and supple my skin feels after. The Shielding Lotion makes your skin smooth but doesn't give it the same softness body butters do. I do think the healing properties that the Shielding Lotion offers is amazing. It's great for people that don't appreciate a good body butter or don't have the time to keep reapplying lotion. It's $25 (USD) for a 4 ounce bottle which should last you up to 1-2 months with daily use. I'd recommend it for people that have seriously dry skin. The packaging could be a little more interesting but I never judge a book by its cover.

All in all it seems to deliver exactly what it claims to do. I have a huge obsession with body butters and creams so it hasn't exactly won me over. What I've been doing when my skin is in need of some serious moisture is applying the Shielding Lotion first then applying my vanilla scented body butter over top to please my senses and make my skin feel as soft as my baby's bottom. If there is anyone that has been cured from eczema or psoriasis from the use of Skin MD's Natural Shielding Lotion, I would love to hear about your experience! Happy shopping!

*Special thanks to Pete for sending me a sample! For more information on the product or where to buy please visit Skin MD Natural.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The site gives an excellent information on the skin treatment and psoriasis treatment and find similar note on Psoriasis Treatment