This week I received some products from Loose Lips New York, an online beauty store and makeup line, from CEO Sherry Backman, also host of Talk Blog Radio Show "Lets Talk Makeup". You may remember me mentioning a few posts back about her interviewing me on her show. I was excited to receive her package in the mail because she raved about some of her products during our interview and I couldn't wait to try them. I decided I'd do a review and do a holiday glam look. 'Tis the season! The first look I did was my fave way to get all glammed up for any occasion: shimmery skin luminous skin, rouge lips and cheeks, and my lil' black liner. Yes, you've seen this look on me before but I just love it! Here are the products I used and how I achieved the look. I took some step-by-step pictures - some turned out blurry but you get the jist ;).
1. I evened out my skin tone with foundation and concealer using it only where needed which is usually the cheeks and the t-zone. I then set my foundation and concealer with a translucent powder.
2. I prepped my eyes with a base then added a shimmery metallic shadow in a taupe all over the lid. I then added a shimmery gold loose pigment to the center of the lid, inner corner of the eye, brow bone, and lower lash line using Loose Lips NY's Mini Delux Fluff, a dual ended brush that has an all over shadow brush on one side and liner on the other side.
3. I then lined my eyes with Loose Lips NY's Indelible Gel Eyeliner in Black Cherry, a gorgeous black liner with flecks of red sparkle to the entire top lash line using the same Mini Deluxe Fluff brush. As I got closer to the outer part of the eye, I made the liner thicker and winged it out.
4. I curled my lashes and added a few coats of black mascara to top and bottom.
5. I contoured my cheekbones with a bronzer and added a touch of shimmery powder blush to the apples of the cheeks in a pinky-red tone to give me that "I've-been-blushing" look.
6. To add more of a glow to the skin, I made 3 dots with a gel highlighter to my cheekbones and blended it out to my under eye and temple with my ring finger.
7. To bring the look together, I swiped on Loose Lips NY's Hint of Mint Lip Gloss in Minty Cherry for a sophisticated soft red lip.
I really loved the Indelible Gel Eyeliner in Black Cherry. I listed this on my Best of Beauty 2007 post because it is probably the most stand out colour I've tried this year. It's a really fun alternative to the original black liquid liner. The metallic finish and red flecks of sparkle really make the eyes dazzle and stand out. It's perfect for those holiday parties coming up because it dresses up the eyes without having to add a lot. The gel glides on so smoothly and doesn't smear or fade all day!
The Mini Deluxe Fluff brush is great to throw in your makeup bag because it is a liner and shadow brush in one. I really liked how the shadow brush applied the eye shadow. It feels synthetic and is a nice firm brush so the colour goes on stronger. The liner brush is a medium thin pointy brush and the liner applied nicely, however, I do prefer an angled brush for more precision. My hand had to be a lot steadier when winging the liner out. But overall, it did the job.
The Hint of Mint Lip Gloss in Mint Cherry made my breath seem like it was minty fresh. The cherry colour is really pretty and the gloss goes on sheer. The texture is smooth and not sticky. The shine was the perfect amount - not too goopy or shiny. Even when the gloss wipes off, it leaves a nice stain on the lips. I received the mini version of the gloss which is perfect fit for any clutch purse. If you're scared of a fully defined red lip, go for a sheer gloss like this one that will give you a nice pop of colour without feeling or looking heavy on the lips. If you're still not into the red lips, you could do this look with a nice nude lip like the picture under step #5. This look with a nude lip is a great choice if you're wearing a shiny metallic silver dress. It'll still look polished and glamourous but the focus will be on the dress.
The product that stood out the most for this look is definitely the Black Cherry liner so if you get a chance visit the site. This colour added a whole new feel to the traditional Old Hollywood look. As I mentioned a few posts back, Makeup Junkie readers get 20% discount on your first purchase by entering discount code 'junkie20' at checkout! You can buy samples before you commit to a full size. It's the best way to try out a new makeup line! Stay tuned for Look 2! Happy shopping!