Friday, December 7, 2007

Holiday Gift Ideas For Every Woman In Your Life!

There's a gift for every woman whether she is a busy mom, glam girl, or trendsetter. My gift ideas are some of the best products I've tried this year or from brands that I've loved for years. So, if you know of a friend, sister, aunt, mom, or grandmother that is a makeup junkie or is in some major need of a makeup update check out the list and check it twice there just might be the perfect gift!


1. Makeup Junkie: I'm not speaking about myself (well maybe a little) but for every woman that hoards makeup in every nook of their house! Makeup junkies love trying multiple products at a time so holiday collections are perfect! Some makeup collections I'm lusting after: Nars Night Series Mini Palette, Nars J. Mendel Lip Palette, Nars Dolce Vita Set, Benefit's Powder Pop!, Sephora's Supermodel Kit, and Stila's Face Contouring Trio.


2. Busy Mom: I call this the 'mommy essentials'. As a busy mom, I've been able to cut down my makeup application to half the time I used to (something my husband really appreciates!). Four easy things busy moms can do: even out skin tone where needed, open up the eyes, and add colour to lips and cheeks. Quick and easy and you still end up looking polished. I used to use a tinted moisturizer and it was great but then my skin started to change after I had my son. To give me more coverage without feeling heavy or cakey, I switched to Face Atelier's Ultra Foundations (LOVE! Don't forget about the 25% with Face Atelier until Dec. 31st! Enter discount code 'makeupjunkie'). Lack of sleep most of the time equals dark undereye circles. I love Smashbox's Photo Op Under Eye Brightner because it makes my under eye look luminous, diffuses fine lines and slightly conceals. Over top of it, I have to apply my YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch because it is the perfect undereye concealer (for me and I've tried so many!). I never leave the house without curling my lashes with my Shu Uemera eye lash curler (heard Billy B.'s is great for smaller eyes) and applying a couple coats of L'oreal Voluminous mascara. It just opens up the eyes and makes you look more awake. To brighten up the eye, I just add Nars' Duo Cream Shadow in Thebes, a silver and gold with shimmer, to the inner corner of the eyes and center of lid. For a little colour, double a bronzer like Benefit's Hoola as cheek colour and for an overall healthy glow. Swipe a gloss like Nars' Stolen Kisses on the lips - my favourite neutral gloss! The busy mom will think you are a life saver (or time saver). It's really a perfect collection for anyone on-the-go!


3. Glam Girl: Everyone has a glam look busy mom or not and I love to do it up every now and then. Whether you have a fetish for a smokey eye or feel sexy in a red pout, Pink Beauty Cosmetics is the perfect line for every glam girl! I just felt so pretty and girly using Pink Beauty! I'm lusting after Luscious Lip Sheer in Beatrice, a deep red and Lip Scintillate Lip Gloss in Fabulah, a rich shimmery red. Whatever your definition of glam is Pink Beauty will definitely have something for you.

Photo: Content in On Makeup Magazine!
4. The Makeup Artist: Makeup artists can be very particular about their makeup and tools. Your best bet is to just ask her what she wants but if you want to surprise her I can help you out! Some brands that makeup artist love and rave about are of course M.A.C., Make Up For Ever, Face Atelier, Billy B. Beauty (tools and brushes), Three Custom Color, MudShop, Nars, to name a few. There are so many pro makeup lines and a great resource for more pro brands is The Powder Group. Another great gift makeup artists love are magazine subscriptions and The Powder Group is launching On Makeup Magazine next February! I've been waiting for a magazine that was makeup artist related and all about makeup! The MudShop also has some really great books you can purchase for the working makeup artist or the makeup artist newbie!


5. Trendsetter: Trendsetters like to be ahead of the game and have a style all of their own. M.A.C. has always been one step ahead and is perfect for the woman that likes to stand out in a crowd. They have their amazing Holiday collections but for a trendsetter I'd get her something from the Metal X collection that will make her shine above the rest. Glitter eye liner and metallic cream to powder shadows - need I say more??


6. The Minimalist: Minimalists like no fuss multi-purpose products that they don't have to reapply during the day and don't care for a lot of makeup - just enough to look healthy and radiant. Perfect line for a minimalist is Benefit Cosmetics which is known for their quick and easy fixes. Popular items that I love: Benetint Pocket Pal, Rush Hour, Eyeliner Gilded, and Dandelion.

Photo: Organic Body Bar in Ocean Minerals
7. The Globally Conscious: You can still care about the environment and be self-indulgent thanks to Tashodi, a Canadian based bath and body line that is committed to producing products that are fairly traded, organic, all natural and green friendly! I received 100% Pure and Certified Fair Trade Lip and Cheek Tints in Full of Fairness Pink. It is meant to keep your lips moisturized with a bit of colour and tint your cheek to its natural hue. I prefer it more as a lip balm because it is very moisturizing and I like the sheer pink colour on the lips as well as the spearmint and peppermint flavour. Keeps my breath feeling fresh! I also got to try their Organic Body Bar in Ocean Minerals, an invigorating eucalyptus and lemon blend. I love how you can exfoliate with the Celtic sea salt and moisturize with the fair trade shea butter at the same time! And for the first time I soaked in the bath at my new house! I received their Pure Bath Soaks in Pure Lavender, a mix of pure lavender aroma and moisturizing benefits in their fair trade cocoa butter shavings. Truly a pampering experience! What's also cool about the Pure Bath Soaks is that it comes in a really nice jar that I can use for whatever my heart's desire! To top it off, the packaging and promotional material are made from plant fibers and are biodegradable and recyclable!


8. Bath and Body Connoisseur: I love having yummy smelling soft skin. I had the pleasure of trying Bobe (pronounced "beau-bee") products a few months ago and I use it every day! If you're looking for great quality products at affordable prices then Bobe is the perfect gift. I recommend anything from their line because they come in so many enticing flavours and scents! My favourite from the line is the Silken Cream body butter. And at $8 (CDN) for a 4.5 ounce jar you can't go wrong!

Hope the list will give you some holiday gift ideas and make your shopping experience stress-free! And as always don't forget to give back to the community or to your favourite charities! :) Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on deals, i've got one more if you want to add to your list, Borba is doing free shipping, so i've sent mom and my sister their gift packs. i just don't have time to do a bunch of shopping, so this is the way i'm going this year, the shipping code is december if you want to share it.