Monday, January 21, 2008
Celebrity Beauty Style: Congrats Christina Aguilera!
While perusing one of my guilty pleasures, PerezHilton.com, I came across his post about Christina Aguilera's baby announcement and thank you message to her fans. It included this beautiful video of "Save Me From Myself" off of her Back To Basics album, which also included actual wedding footage! This video is a far cry from her "dirrty" days - I've never seen her look and sound more beautiful! I was never really into her music until this last album and I think she should do a whole acoustic album. I've included the video for your listening and viewing pleasure!
Christina is a natural beauty and doesn't need all that makeup that's usually caked on during her red carpet appearances. This soft, almost ethereal look really suits her and is such an easy look to re-create. It looks gorgeous on just about everyone whether you're off to work or going to have late-night drinks! To recreate this look:
1. Prime the skin with Nars Makeup Primer with SPF and even out the skin tone with Nars Oil-Free Foundation for a natural matte finish.
2. To recreate an ethereal look, illuminate the skin with Nars Sparkling Pressed Powder.
3. Sculpt and define brows with Nars Eyebrow Pencil. Because the makeup is subtle, filling in the brows to frame the face is important.
4. On the lid and inner corner, sweep on a golden champagne tone and highlight the brow bone with a barely there rose shimmer. Try Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Alhambra from the Spring collection.
5. Define the crease and smudge the bottom lash line with a soft taupe-grey like Nars Bali.
6. Line the top lash line, extending the liner a little past the eye. Try Nars Liquid Liner in Angel Heart.
7. Give the cheeks a soft rosy glow with Nars Cream Blush in Penny Lane.
8. To keep the whole look natural and soft, swipe on a shimmery gloss like Nars Lip Gloss in Orgasm.