Sunday, March 9, 2008

Beauty Review: The Sweet Life With Nars Dolce Vita!

Nars' Dolce Vita Lipstick was one of the many beauty goodies I picked up at the Sephora beauty event I attended a couple of weeks ago. Dolce Vita has been on my list of cult classic must-haves for a long time but there was always another product that I would choose over it. I'm not sure why it got passed over so many times but I'm really glad I finally have it in my beauty stash!


The rosy-brown shade has been quoted as being the "most universally flattering shade". The colour definitely does not apply as dark as it appears in the tube. Applied a couple of times, as in the above picture, goes on a sheer rosy-brown. It enhances my natural lip colour and brightens up my skin tone. Dolce Vita is one of those colours you can swipe on quickly before leaving the house. I like the slightly glossy texture it has and leaves my lips feeling nicely moisturized. The colour is buildable and can become the same intensity as the colour in the tube. The deeper rosy-brown shade almost looks like you've been snogging for a few hours. Dolce Vita reminds me of a sheer version of M.A.C.'s Twig lipstick which is a hit or miss with most people. I think it's sheer quality makes it a lot more wearable especially with different looks. The lipstick is also really long-lasting even with it's light texture.



A cult-classic for me is something that will remain timeless year after year. This is definitely one of those colours. Dolce Vita now comes in a gloss but I have so many glosses which is why I went with the lipstick. The gloss is exactly the same but a lot shinier. I'll have to try it on other skin tones to see if it really is universally flattering. Does anyone else own this lipstick? Do you consider it a cult-classic? Happy shopping!

You can also check out my review on TotalBeauty.com.

2 comments:

psychoexgirlfriend said...

LOL, I think I'm like you, MakeupJunkie. I love classics but I always find an excuse to pass of 'em. I recently checked out MAC Syrup which is a good 'Your Lips But Better' colour too. But I'll definitely check out the NARS one. Lately, I just can't get enough of NARS.

Make-up Junkie said...

hehe great minds think alike ;) MAC Syrup is a pretty colour but I find it's too pink to be considered a neutral. It's definitely a must-have colour for Spring though! Check out Dolce Vita and let me know how you find it! :)