Elke, founder of The Beauty Blog Network, The Beauty Ideal, and her own site Elke Von Freudenberg, says: "1. to get perfect lashes, apply 1 coat of of two different mascaras. works every time.
2. use a nude color stay lip color before your lip gloss or lipstick. Lasts for hours.
3. in a hurry? Throw a soft shimmering bronzer across forehead, across
cheeks and bridge of nose and bottom of chin. Then sweep across eyelids,
touch on lips, add lipgloss, mascara and go...."
Toya from The Life of A Lady Bug says: "1. Brown-skinned women: If you want to achieve a sexy, sunburned look, apply a bright blush to the apples of your cheeks, then apply your favorite bronzer on top. The fruity bright color (this works especially well with bright pinks like MAC's Beauty Powder in Sweetness and bright oranges like CARGO's blush in Laguna) will peek through the bronzy brown, giving you a vibrant, luscious summertime flush.
2. Always wear blush! It doesn't matter if your favorite kind is a powder, a gel or a liquid; if it's red, pink or peach - the idea is to wear it and wear it every day. Blush does more than any other product to make you look awake, alive, healthy and pretty.
3. Get multi-purpose products or products you can apply with the swipe of a finger. Most of us are busy, busy, busy and may only have a few minutes in the morning to look our best. I swear by products that can be applied with my fingers or that can serve more than one function. My latest faves are MAC's Paint Pots because with one swipe across the eye, you've given yourself a "look" that was fast and will last."Jamie from The Beauty of Life says: "1). Moisturize!! Find one that works for you (my absolute fave is Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Youth Creme), and use it every day. Your skin will look younger, healthier and more nourished in almost no time -- and continuing its usage will only help over time!
2) Don't be afraid to experiment! A makeup artist I spoke with once told me that no one should stress over makeup -- it's supposed to be fun. So what if you sweep on a purple eyeshadow and discover that it looks bad? Wipe it off and try something else! It's the only way to really find out what works for you.
3) Always have some sort of chapstick or lip balm on hand to keep your lips hydrated and supple. I usually have five or six clinking around in my purse -- and even more on my nightstand, vanity, desk and kitchen counter! Chapped lips are so easy to combat, and swiping on something like Bonne Bell LipSmackers makes your pucker taste and smell good too!"
Shannon from Makeup Minute and A Girl's Gotta Spa says: "1--Exfoliate--bring through your natural glow by sloughing off the dead skin cells weekly. This not only a must for your face, but for your body as well. Exfoliating prevents your pores from being clogged with lifeless skin and also makes your skin better able to absorb your moisturizer. Favorite exfoliant: Solessence's Cream de la Coconut SheaShea Sugar Scrub and KLEAN Bath & Body's Ginger Tea Sugar Scrub.
2--Cover your eyes! To sleep that is. Wearing a sleep mask is essential to getting the most out of your beauty sleep and a well rested you makes for a well rested looking face. Blocking the light while you sleep helps you to achieve a deeper more peaceful sleep. My favorite sleep masks are the Dream Essentials brand.
3--Get some spa time. Whether you create a spa experience at home or soak up the services at a spa near you, relaxation is the key to mentally and physically feeling more rejuvenated. A facial can do wonders to achieve a healthy glow and a deep tissue massage will truly melt the stress away. Beauty isn't only on the outside, it's inward progressing out. My favorite spa is The Lodge at Woodloch."
Marina from Makeup Loves Me says: "My #1 tip is: Always where blush or bronzer on your cheeks -- it makes your whole face come to life!" :)
Amber from Beauty Blogging Junkie says: "Let your hair air dry 85% of the way before applying a smoothing serum or cream and then blow dry. Blowing it out when hair is soaking wet is damaging to the cuticle. To cut down on my air-drying time, I use a super-absorbant Aquis hair towel."
Jami from Bionic Beauty says: "I've used pencil eyeliners for years, but recently expanded my collection with a black liquid liner. I use it when I want a sharp line or a little extra "wing" for drama.
At first, I couldn't seem to get a smooth line, then I discovered this little secret. Remove the liner wand and hold it out in the air for 10 seconds or so before you start to line. It lets the liquid eyeliner dry a bit and hence produces a smooth, clump free, blotch free line!"
Carleen from Girl Gloss and Beauty and Fashion Tech says: " (1) For long wearing lip color, use a stain such as Benetint and top it off with gloss. It won't last as long as the long wearing brands, but it will be a heck of a lot more comfortable and will look better.
(2) Creme de la Mer is pricey for use as a face cream, but it is wonderful as an eye cream, and for that use, it is very cost effective. Look for sample size tubs on Ebay.
(3) Olive oil is a great beauty product right out of your cupboard. Use it to condition hair ,mix it with a bit of cleanser for an extra kick of moisture, or rub it into dry patches of skin. It also works pretty well as a lip oil!"
Sapna from StyleBell says: Hot Oil Treatment For Your Hair
Sophie from Beautynomics says: "1. Theres no such thing as indulging in anti-aging practices too early. :) 2. Always apply lotion when skin is damp for maximum absorption, and less greasy feel. 3. Use mineral makeup - because its the purest and least damaging makeup that can touch your skin. :) "
Do you have beauty tips you swear by? If so, please do share in the comments!