Thursday, June 19, 2008

Beauty News: P&G Cover Girl Event!

The best part about being a blogger is getting to meet the people behind some of the biggest brands in the cosmetic industry. Last night, I attended the P&G Cover Girl "Gotta Have It" Summer Beauty Trends evening for bloggers. It is the first blogger's-only event I have attended. The quaint, intimate setting allowed us to get to know everyone; PR reps, P&G brand reps, and THE Paul Venoit, Cover Girl's Make-up Pro and TV personality for the popular show Look-A-Like! It was also great to connect with other Canadian beauty bloggers for the first time (Beauty Geek, My Beauty Match, She Does The City) and hang out with some familiar bloggers (Ali from Chick Advisor and Ellen from Lipstick, Powder, n' Paint).

It was wonderful to meet everyone but I was ecstatic to meet international makeup artist Paul Venoit! I get more excited meeting makeup artists than I do a Hollywood actor. He was just so down-to-earth and hilarious! Paul spoke about the summer trends and the new products Cover Girl will be launching for summer. There are lots of goodies so stay tuned as I dish on the summer trends and new products from Cover Girl! All I have to say is "Bring on the colour!"

The night was fantastic and I'm really happy I went. P&G has really gone out of their way to understand this whole new world of beauty blogging by listening to the needs of us bloggers. To end the night, they handed us our lovely swag bags which included a pair of Havanas flip flops - oh the perks!

Summer launches:













CG Boundless Nails Rose Coral










CG Eye Enhancers Tropical Fusion (I don't know why the colour of the palette turned red when I uploaded it but it's really blue)













CG LashBlast Mascara














CG Outlast Single













CG TruBlend Naturally Luminous Blush













CG TruBlend Naturally Luminous Bronzer













CG Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers














CG Wetslicks Amazemint (again the colour uploaded to a different colour)

Stay tuned for beauty reviews and Cover Girl summer trends!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Jamie said...

What a fun event! Looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

The photo is lovely - whose a "Pretty boy then"

Make-up Junkie said...

It was a great time and everyone was amazing!

Girl-Woman said...

What a great way to meet other bloggers. It sounds as if you had a grand time.

Janine Falcon . BEAUTYGEEKS said...

Thanks for the mention, lady -- it was a pleasure to meet you :-)

psychoexgirlfriend said...

wow, a blogger-only event! I've never heard of such a think. I'm glad you got to go and looks like you had a great time! :D

yummy411 said...

so much friggin fun!

Make-up Junkie said...

It was such a great event and I can't wait for this week's event for Cover Girl and P&G! I think it's great that bloggers have their own events and are starting to be taken more seriously.

Janine - it was great to meet you as well!!