Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Adventures of a Makeup Junkie: Hair Care

I would do anything in the name of beauty. When it comes to trying out homemade beauty recipes I’m totally up for it. How many of you have read those articles in fashion mags on how to achieve healthy, shiny looking hair by mixing together a few ingredients right from your own kitchen? I remember trying out a few of them and thinking I would never do it again. The banana honey hair mask: mash a ripe banana, add some honey and apply to damp hair. All I have to say is YIKES! I found chunks of banana tangled in my hair weeks later. When I said I would never do it again, I didn’t mean it. I also tried the egg conditioner which was a bit iffy. I love to take boiling hot showers and the last thing I wanted to find is scrambled egg in my hair! But of course I tried it and it stunk!

So, after searching high and low I’ve finally found the perfect solution for dry, colour treated, frizzy hair without playing the role of a chef. It’s Ojon’s Restorative Hair Treatment, ($25-$70).


It doesn’t look the greatest, kind of like creamed honey and smells quite strong but let me tell you, it works. If you’re looking for shiny, manageable, healthy, strong hair you have to try this. Unlike most treatments, you apply this to dry hair and you don’t need a lot because it’s very concentrated. You can leave it in for 20 mins or overnight depending on how damaged your hair is and then follow with a deep cleansing shampoo. Oh and it’s made from 100% Ojon palm nut oil, so if you’re allergic to nuts, please avoid. Every time I use this I get tons of compliments. If you've tried it, let me know what you think.

I'm curious to know, have you tried any homemade beauty recipes?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I was so excited to read this! I just got this product to try and am so glad to hear you liked it. I can't wait to try it now! :)

stephanie said...

ive had the product for about 2 weeks now and have it in my hair right now. My hair was fried beyond belief,i was so excited when i got my package from sephora .I put it in my dry frizzy hair and went to bed,in the morning i washed it out and ooomy goodness my hair has never looked so good,ive had soo many compliments about my hair (ive never had anyone compliment my hair before ojon)now dont get me wrong i still have a bit of frizz ,but it is the best stuff ive ever tried....ooo and I love the smell, its yummy!

Unknown said...

I will give you another way to use this product: if you have to colour or relax your hair--if you have to use any sort of chemical treatment on your hair--apply this the night before and keep in on overnight. The breakage that results from the chemical processing will be minimal, or nonexistant. Love this product! It works for all hair types, including Afro hair. The large tub (5oz) sells for $70 at Sephora, but you can pick it up at The Shopping Channel for $50. Also look out on TSC for specials, because you can pick up this and other fab Ojon products for a steal.

shivani said...

Glad to know you love it Stephanie!

Thanks for the tip Erica - I agree, this is one of the few products I know that works for all hair types.