Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beauty Review: L'Oreal Paris Skin Genesis For Younger, Brighter Looking Skin

As the big 3-0 comes closer to reality (8 months and counting), my skin's youthfulness sadly doesn't come as naturally as it used to. When I received L'Oreal's Skin Genesis Daily Treatment Serum Concentrate and Daily Moisturizer Oil Free Lotion, I was reluctant to try it because my skin was finally in a happy place. For the love of beauty, I had to try it!


Step 1: L'Oreal Paris Skin Genesis Daily Treatment Serum Concentrate ($19.99 USD Voted Allure's Best of Beauty "Beauty Breakthrough" October 2007):

Here is what it promises: This unique, crystal clear highly concentrated treatment uses green chemistry to deeply penetrate the skin's surface to even skin tone and immediately tighten. Adds fullness, skin elasticity, and renew skin's eveness from within. Boosts cellular renewal to help erase fine lines, and instantly hydrates for more even, light-reflective skin. To read the science behind the beauty click here.

The results: I applied this before applying the moisturizer for 5 weeks and have noticed that my skin is looking brighter and smoother, but not drastically different. I have some uneveness and bumpy areas on my face that are less obvious now. My skin doesn't have any sagging so the tightening effect isn't noticeable to me. I love the light texture of the serum - it feels like a silicone-based primer on my skin much like Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer. The silver airless pump bottle is convenient to use, preventing bacteria from mixing with it. The silver-twist cap eliminates the need for a cap and makes it perfect for traveling.

L'Oreal Paris Daily Moisturizer Oil Free Lotion ($19.99 USD Voted Allure's Best of Beauty "Beauty Breakthrough" October 2007):

Here is what it promises: This unique, light-weight hydrator creates a more flawless complexion. The oil-free formula instantly smoothes skin's surface and evens tone.

The results: I have become a big fan of this moisturizer. It is especially perfect for hot humid weather because the texture is so light. The moisturizer has little illuminating particles in it, giving my face a healthy radiant glow. My skin feels so soft after and almost feels like a primer. My makeup glides on perfectly. I love the light-reflective quality, diffusing fine lines and uneven tone. I did notice that I had to apply more on dry patches so I'm not sure if this moisturizer would be enough for the dry winter months. The capless twist-top locks, making it easy to throw in a toiletry bag and the design is chic and simple. An SPF version is also available.

Overall, my skin remains to be harmonious. This is something I will definitely buy in the future when I run out (that is if something better doesn't come along before then!).

L'Oreal Paris Skin Genesis products are available nationwide at your local drugstore. For more information visit www.lorealparisusa.com

To see my review on TotalBeauty.com click here.

No comments: