Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beauty Review: The ghd Way

ghd was all over NY Fashion Week Spring 2009 and styled for many of the season's hottest shows including Proenza Schouler and Monique Lhuillier. Known for the sought-after ghd stylers, ghd styling products are equally as instrumental in attaining perfect ghd hair. With advanced heat-activated protection properties, ghd thermodynamics™ formulas let you expand your creativity with fantastic results, while ensuring hair stays in great condition.

Polishing Serum For Normal-to-Fine-Hair ($25 USD): A shine-enhancing, conditioning, heat styling serum with UVA protection. I have dry, frizzy hair but this serum still smoothed out my frizzies and fly-aways. My hair also felt ultra silky and glossy. It doesn't weigh down my hair or get too oily the next day.
ghd Precision Wax Textured Finish ($26 USD): A texturizing and glossing wax that's ideal for all hair types, especially short hair. Contains elastifiers to allow flexible styling and enhanced shine. Also contains sunflower seed extract for UVA protection to prevent colour-fade and to promote long-lasting shine and condition. I don't have short hair anymore and my layers have pretty much grown out (time for a hair cut!). I passed this onto my husband and he's pretty impressed. A little goes a long way though - he made the mistake of grabbing more than a dime size and it felt a little sticky and heavy in his hair. With the appropriate amount it was great and said his hair stayed in place all day.

Have you tried ghd styling products? Love it? Hate it?

ghd’s revolutionary styling irons and thermal protecting hair beauty range are available at great salons across the globe and in Sephora, as well as online at www.ghdhair.com and
www.sephora.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bought my ghd styler from lookfantastic.com over a year ago now, and I have been very happy with its performance. I have never actually used any protective serums and my hair seems OK. Do these products work well, cos I wouldn't want to buy them if I didn't have to, and are there cheaper alternatives that work just as well?