SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 15 - MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17
WE HAVE EXCITING NEW INFORMATION ABOUT THE EVENT!
MAKEUP 101 WILL NOW BE PRESENTED BY THE POWDER GROUP AND ON MAKEUP MAGAZINE FOUNDER - MICHAEL DEVELLIS!
MICHAEL WILL BE JOINED ON DAY THREE BY THE AMAZING AND TALENTED GEORGIA SPYRA - FOUNDER OF WINK MAKEUP STUDIO AND ACADEMY!
WHETHER YOU ARE JUST GETTING STARTED OR LOOKING TO FIND TUNE YOUR TECHNIQUE AND BUSINESS
THIS EVENT WILL CHANGE YOUR CAREER,
CONFIDENCE AND YOUR ARTISTRY FOREVER!
We are pleased to announce that you can now participate in one, two or all three days of Makeup 101 next weekend - November 15-17 in Toronto at Industry Cosmetics! James Vincent will lead this amazing session designed to get you moving in the right track if you are just getting your feet wet in makeup artistry -- and for those of you who have plenty of experience under your belt -- Makeup 101 is the perfect way to fine tune your craft -- and find yourself getting stronger in all areas of your craft.
Day One - Saturday November 15
- Industry Terminology - from tear sheets to your CV to HD, what do the key terms used on a daily basis in the business of makeup artistry mean and how do they effect you.
- Getting Started - how do you go from learning about makeup artistry to actively working in the business from assisting up to keying a project.
- Testing - how to go about getting the strongest pictures of your work to showcase your skills to potential clients. Where to find models, photographers - how to choose photos to use
- Marketing and Promotion - using photos, websites, business cards and more to promote your business in the most efficient and cost effective ways
- Your Makeup Kit - what goes into a strong and effective makeup kit. How do you edit your kit per job. What will you need to be sure to keep as a must-have in your kit
- Brushes - review of the most important tool you will use as a makeup artist. Density, shape, fiber type and cleaning your brushes are reviewed
- Tools - what are the must-have tools every makeup artist needs to keep in their kit, how do you use them and what extras should you keep around just in case
- Hygiene - what do you need to know about keeping yourself, your tools and your products in the best shape possible and how do you maintain the cleanest, safest work environment and experience for your clients
- Working with a Client - understanding how to create the most memorable experience for your clients, understanding non-verbal communication and what questions to ask before you get started.
- Color Theory - the absolute necessity for every makeup artist to understand when considering every aspect of their makeup artistry. Color correction, choosing and mixing foundation shades, deciding on color product choices - all revolve around this critical aspect of makeup artistry.
Day Two - Sunday November 16
- Beauty Makeup Application - this covers nearly all the work you will do on a daily basis. Getting a strong basic makeup application to look flawless is the foundation for all aspects of makeup artistry. In the application portion of the event we will cover:
Preparing the Skin
Understanding skin type
Foundation matching and application
Highlight and Contour
Concealer and camouflage
Brow shape and application
Eye shape and size
Eye color application
Eye lining - powders, creams and liquids
Lashes - curling, mascara, false lashes
Bronzers and blush
Lips - pencils and lip color application
Shaping the lips
- Makeup for Photography
- Editorial Beauty
- Makeup for Hi-Def
- Variations on beauty
- Creating a beauty story
PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR ANY PART OR ENTIRE EVENT.
ALL EVENTS HELD AT INDUSTRY COSMETICS
You can now participate in any one of these career-changing days for the rate of $365 or take all three days for the special rate of $990!
Registration can be handled by calling 212.627.7448, 866.876.9337 or get more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org