Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beauty Feature: Winter Skin Savers - Lip Balms

A gal can never have enough lip balm. I usually have a few hanging around - two in my main purse, one on my night table, one on my work desk and a couple just for my kit. The winter season is especially harsh on my lips when the dry air zaps all the moisture, leaving my kisser cracked and chapped. Thanks to a few lip savers this winter, my lips are feeling smooth and smelling yummy!

1. LUSH Honey Trap Lip Balm ($8.95 CDN): I'm really glad I got to try this balm out because now I'm forever a fan! Honey Trap is the line's best seller for good reason. Beeswax and shea butter lock in moisture while oatmeal infusion keeps your lips soft. I personally like the scent but my husband is not really a fan of anything honey. The sweet mixture of white chocolate, honey, wild orange and vanilla sound delicious, no? The balm is ultra rich and feels super duper fantastic on the lips! Be warned: may melt in hot climates or in your pocket!

2. Green by Nature Lip Butter ($2.99 US): Absolutely one of the best lip balms that have ever touched these lips! If you're not a fan of potted lip balms then this lip butter in a stick form will have you swooning. I tried Banana Shea which is absolutely addictive! The ultra rich formula leaves your lips moisturized for hours so you won't have to reapply as much, but you'll find it hard not to! It got two thumbs up from both the hubby and boy. My lil' one loved it so much he used to steal it and hide under his blanket slathering tons on and eating it (thank goodness it's all natural)! The only downside - it's so good you'll run out really fast and be needing a new one before you know it. Thank goodness this balm won't break the bank! Available in other yummy flavours. Buy online or at a Target store near you.

3. Kiehl's Scented Lip Balm #1 ($8.50 US): Kiehl's popular line of lip balms are perfect for those days when you want your lips to be moisturized with a glossy finish and sun protection. The fruity scent of Pear is just wonderful and lingers nicely in the air minutes after application. I thought the glossy finish would slick off quickly but my lips stayed moisturized for hours. Even with the squeeze-tube applicator, you still need to blend with your fingers. The shine formula can be slicked over your favourite lip colour for a more glossy finish. For those no-fuss days, swipe this on for some shine and you're out the door!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Green By Nature! I reviewed their Lip Glazes on my blog a few months ago:

http://ecopretty.blogspot.com/2008/09/new-target-sold-line-green-by-nature.html