Monday, February 9, 2009

Beauty Feature: Be My Valentine Kiss-Me Lippies

If there's one way to get some attention this Valentine's Day it's to swipe on some fabulous lippies in the most kissable colours and textures. From tinted lip balms to lip stains, you'll be sure to find something that will make your lips say "kiss me" and keep your special Valentine wanting more!

CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain ($9.99 CDN): Hot of the runways this Spring, lipstains have reemerged just in time for Valentine's Day! Pat McGrath, CoverGirl Global Creative Design Director and my idol, has created ten sumptuous shades that deliver the most beautiful flush of colour to the lips. These water-based stains deliver weightless colour without the heavy look of lipstick or the stickiness of a gloss. The stain is the first of its kind that does not contain alcohol and has conditioners like glycerine and hyaloronic acid to soften and smooth the lips. Its fool-proof pen-style applicator looks like a marker and applies very much the same way. Just colour in those lips for some kissable colour and it will last for hours - certainly through an all night smooch session!

(L-R): Teasing Blush, a pretty berry pink and Flirty Nude, brown-based orange. I love swiping either for an "easy breezy" no-fuss look or using it to really define the lips and adding some gloss to make those lips pop. My normally dry lips never chap or dry out with these stains. They have definitely become staples in my makeup bag and at the low price point you might as well get all 10! Tip: Make sure lips are dry so that the stain can really sink into the lips. Blot lip balm with a tissue prior to application.


Tarte 24/7 Natural Lip Sheer with SPF 15 ($14 USD): I've never tried a tinted lip balm that was budge-proof until I tried Tarte's 24/7's! If you're usually a chapstick gal but want a hint of colour this Valentine's, these creamy lip sheers will give you the right amount of moisture and colour. Eat, sip wine or champagne and Tarte 24/7 will leave a nice stain keeping those lips soft for some after dessert kissing! My favourite part of Tarte products are the Skinvigorating Ingredients and green packaging!

(L-R): For something daring try Monday, a sheer red. And for something sweet but naughty try Tea Time, a deep rose.
Smashbox O-Plump Intuitive Lip Plumper with Goji Berry-C Complex ($24 USD): Whether you believe Smashbox's O-Gloss and the most recent addition, O-Plump, gives your lips your own personal shade of pink or not, it does deliver a lovely healthy pink flush to the lips. If your looking to plump up your normally thin almost non-existent lips, O-Plump will definitely give you the luscious plump you need! I've never really had a need for lip plumpers plus I hated the stinging "sensation" it gave my lips. Since O-Plump, I actually enjoy the tingling minty coolness it leaves and my pout has never looked so juicy (so says the hubbie)! I found my lips looked full and plump even into the next day. Whether it's really my personal shade of pink or not, the shade that develops looks great on me. I love swiping this on when I don't want to think about what shade of lip colour I want to wear. A little mascara, blush and O-Plump is all you need to make your Valentine's swoon!

Prescriptives Colorscope Lipcolor in Classic Red ($17.50 USD): Classics are classic for a reason. They never go out of style. You'll love the creamy smooth texture of Prescriptive's Lipcolor. It hugs the lips and the colour goes on rich with a moist, shiny finish. Evoke the Old Hollywood starlet in you with Classic Red. To keep this bold colour in tact and in kiss-perfection, prime your lips with Benefit Lip Plump. Line your lips with the same colour lip pencil. Apply Classic Red lipstick with a lip brush for precise application. Blot with tissue so it leaves a first layer stain on the lips. Apply Classic Red again. Skip the gloss to get the true look of Old Hollywood glam.

Have you tried any of these lippies? Love 'em? Hate 'em?

No comments: