MAKE UP FOR EVER wants to give you the rock star treatment! If you love NY and have been anticipating the movie "The Runways", starring Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning, then enter MAKE UP FOR EVER's sweepstakes to win a trip for you and a friend to the star-studded premiere in NYC! Here are the details:
Deadline: March 5, 2010
How to enter: http://www.makeupforeverusa.com/runaways/
Open to US and Canada (excluding Quebec)
Get the Look:
Makeup department head for "The Runways", Robin Mathews, created the rocker smoky look using MAKE UP FOR EVER's Eye Shadows, Smoky Lash mascara, and Aqua Eyes liner.
“I designed ‘The Runaways’ Eyes around MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye Shadows. Their highly pigmented Eye Shadows and Aqua Eyes eyeliners are silky smooth, blendable, and long lasting,” said Robin Mathews.“The color selection is limitless, giving you endless possibilities. I finished each look with Smoky Lash mascara – which is truly smudge proof, a necessity on and off stage.”
Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett - Classic Smoky Eye:
1. Start with Eye Shadow #127 (metallic taupe). Cover the entire eye lid with shadow so that there
are no hard edges, making sure to blend out the color extremely well.
2. Using Aqua Eyes #0L (black), apply a very generous amount of eyeliner under the eye on the
lower lid, then rim the top lid as close to lash line as possible.
3. Using a smudging brush, smudge the liner on the top and bottom of the eye. Robin’s tip: the
secret to a great rock and roll smoky eye is all about the smudge – it doesn’t have to be uniform
or neat. Once you’re done smudging, go back and re-apply a heavier coat of eyeliner along the
lash line. Then, remove any excess shadow that may have fallen using a sponge.
4. Apply Eye Shadow #139 (iridescent brown black), a darker brown than the color used on the
base of the lid, and smudge it over the black liner that was smudged out earlier on both the top
and bottom lids.
5. Use a lash curler to lift all the lashes and prep them for applying mascara.
6. To complete the ultimate smoky eye, apply Smoky Lash first to the tops of the lashes, and then
follow through scissoring up to create volume and separation.
Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie – Colorful Smoky Eye:
1. Apply Star Powder #922 (copper) onto the eye lid, all the way to the inner corner, stopping just
shy of the outer corner.
2. Using Aqua Eyes #3L (iridescent navy blue), line the lash line on the top and bottom lids. Robin’s
tip: for the perfect smoky eye, the trick is to apply the eyeliner as close to the lash line as possible.
3. Smudge the eyeliner on the top and bottom of the eye using a smudging brush to create a more
fluid, blended look.
4. Apply Eye Shadow #81(metallic navy blue iridescent) to the outer corner of the eye using a small
flat brush, then drag the shadow into the crease very lightly.
5. Tap the brush to remove any excess shadow and then blend the blue shadow line ever so slightly.
Using the same brush, apply the blue eye shadow onto the bottom lash line to blend it out and
create a smoky effect.
6. Curl the lashes, then apply Smoky Lash Mascara going up and out to accentuate and elongate