Friday, April 23, 2010

Beauty Fans in Toronto Swarm Cover FX!

Cover FX Marketing Coordinator, Melissa, being swarmed by fans!

The Cover FX gals were in full force yesterday outside the Toronto Eaton Centre. In case you hadn't heard, Cover FX planned a flash mob event outside the Eaton Centre to hand out a free full size Conceal FX. It didn't take me long to find the mob - just follow the crowd! 


I arrived 5 minutes after the event started and I was blown away by the hoards of people already there. I loved watching all the madness and excitement of beauty lovers and Cover FX fans clawing for a free concealer. 


Cover FX is the first beauty brand that I know of that has done a flash mob and it was a success! I think the gals ran out of concealers within the first 10 minutes or so. I thought it was adorable how a guy came down to pick one up for his girlfriend but was out of luck. There was just no way he was going to get through a crowd of makeup loving women!

The lovely Cover FX team decked out in camouflage!

I was able to snag a full size of Conceal FX in Deep and a soft pack sample of Light. Review will be in a next post so stay tuned! It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to be apart of a beauty flash mob! Don't mess with a woman and her free beauty product! I also ran into a few beauty bloggers that I've been wanting to meet!


Me with pretty Arianne from The Glitter Geek! I feel like I've known her forever and after all these years finally met! Not pictured, I also got to meet up with You Tuber and beauty blogger, Mariana! Thanks to Melissa and the Cover FX gang for hosting such a great flash mob freebie! 

For more info on Conceal FX visit http://coverfx.com.

6 comments:

Michelle (BeautyEditor.ca) said...

Wow - didn't realize this would be such a huge event! The last photo - are you the one of the left or the right? (You both look great by the way!)

I've been using Cover FX's primers lately and really loving them... must seek out the concealer.

Arianne said...

Aww love the pics! They weren't kidding when they say they got MOBBED! Too bad I missed all of it by running around in the mall. LOL.

It was nice to finally meet you. :) Makeup shopping date with Michelle soon? ;)

Make-up Junkie said...

LOL oops guess I didn't specify which one I was! I'm the shorty on the left :)

Make-up Junkie said...

oh and it yes love their primers too! Loving the concealer so far but going to test out more today :) Texture and coverage are amazing!

Babybubblz said...

it was a success! i arrives 15 mins into it and only samples were left. did they have all the colours in stock for their full sized tubes when u were there?

Mariana said...

Hi Joy!! it was so nice seeing you again, since we didn't really get to talk at the TBBM it was nice at least saying hi ^^ I didn't make it on time either hehe, it was very nice of CoverFX to hold this event though :)
oh well, I'll see you on twitter ;)