Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beauty Review: CRYSTAL EYEZ Sparkling Eye Shadow


CRYSTAL EYEZ Sparkling Eye Shadow is a smooth and lasting eye shadow with glimmers and pearls that delivers a sparkling finish on the lids. Available in 6 sparkling shades.

I have to admit that when I first saw these shadows I thought, “HOLY SPARKLE!” But when I applied it on it wasn’t as sparkly as it seemed when looking at it through the packaging. I experimented a bit with its texture trying to get it to work to my liking. If you want to really make your eyes pop the best way to wear this is over top of an eye shadow. If you want a subtle shimmer then you can wear this by itself. 

I found that the best way to apply this is with your fingers. For a subtle look place the shadow across your lids using a dragging motion. This is will help evenly distribute the product giving you a light wash of colour. If you want a more intense look I’d recommend patting the liquid shadow on top of your lids. Try not to go past your eye crease when putting this on, otherwise you’ll look like super shimmery sparkle queen. This shadow is also quick to dry and you’ll find that a lot of the product will end up drying on your finger. 

One thing I didn’t like with this shadow was that when it was fully dry, throughout the day I’d notice that the sparkles were beginning to fall out. And some of it even made it into my eye. Not cool! I give CRYSTAL EYES a 3 out of 5.


Lovely & Luminous, Beautifully Brilliant, Stunning & Sparkly, Gorgeous & Glowing, Delightfully Dazzling, Glamorously Glittering

www.milanicosmetics.com
$6.49 USD

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

The colors are nice and the price makes them seem like something fun to try without spending a whole lot...but crystals falling in your eyes sounds like a nightmare for contact wearers! Thanks for the head's up.