Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beauty Review: Milani NEON Specialty Nail Lacquer



New specialty nail lacquers created to give your nails a POP of brilliance. These bright neon shades capture the explosion of color that has made an impact of the latest color trends and are here to stay. Available in 8 shades.

I’ll have to admit I’m not much of a nail polish junkie. My collection is very minimal. But when I do look for a nail polish there are certain criteria that are important to me.

1. The application has to be smooth and seamless so the formula should not be too thick
2. The nail polish should dry quickly in between coats
3. Two coats of polish should do the trick
4. The polish should be long lasting and not prone to chipping
5. Beautiful Colors. Who doesn’t like getting compliments on their nails right?

One thing I liked about Milani NEON Specialty Nail Lacquer is that the formula wasn’t too thick which made it easier to apply. But I did find it a little too runny that the brush kept dripping polish even though I had taken some excess off. I also found that I had to apply 4 coats to get it even. Luckily the polish dried quickly in between coats, so that was good. As a frequent hand washer, I like a nail polish that can withstand something as simple as hand washing. My polish only lasted 4 days which isn’t as long as I’d like it to last. This is probably not my favourite brand of nail polish but they do come in beautiful bright colours! I’d give Milani NEON Specialty Nail Lacquer a 3 out of 5 stars. 

 A color wheel where I painted 3 nails. Top: Totally 80's, Middle: Pink Rocks, Bottom: Rad Purple. If you're wondering why there's a black tip on one of the nails, stay tuned for my upcoming review on Milani NAIL ART LACQUER with precision brush!

www.milanicosmetics.com
$4.99 USD

by Donna Marie

4 comments:

Make-up Junkie said...

Great review Donna! Totally felt the same way about the polishes!

Organic Skin Care said...

Nice Nail Lacquer information.

Donna Marie said...

Thanks Joy! Yeah they were just ok. So far OPI is my fave brand.

Donna Marie said...

@Organic Skin Care...thanks!