I love that we're going into the second week of October and bridal season is still going strong! Meet Erica, one of my gorgeous brides-to-be! She's a natural beauty with lovely green eyes and long lushes lashes. I instantly wanted to play up her green eyes so we decided to go with a neutral base and plum accents in the crease. Plum, being one of the big trends for Fall, is a perfect palette for this November bride! (Quick shout-out to Naomi for inspiring me to do this post! Thank you!)
Here are the star products:
Cargo blu_ray High Definition Mattifier Primer (t-zone)
Make Up For Ever HD Primer (rest of face)
Face Atelier Ultra Pro Foundation #2/#3 mixed (all over and under eyes)
YSL Touche Eclat #1 (under eyes)
Make Up For Ever HD Powder
Bailey Cosmetics Foundation Duo in Tan (contour)
CoverFX EyePrep FX
Bobbi Brown Caviar Eye Shadow (brows)
M.A.C. Vanilla and White Frost (brow bone)
the fake lashes were not glued on for the trial which explains why it is falling off the left eye!
1. NARS Rajasthan Duo Eye Shadow ($32 USD): I love this duo. For this look I only used this metallic almond shade as her lid colour. I also applied this on the lower lash line. Even though we were using plum shades, we still wanted the overall look to be fairly neutral. I have used the metallic almond colour on just about every skin tone and every result is beautiful. I will definitely do another feature using both the shades because the navy-grey is a sexy alternative for a black smokey eye.
2. M.A.C. Sketch Shadow ($17.50) Sketch is an oldie but a goodie! This burgundy-plum shadow with red shimmer is deep and gives the eye a real sultriness to it. I added this shade in the outer crease to middle of the lid and over top of UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Crush. This shade was also applied on the lower lash line.
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Crush ($17 USD): I've had a love affair with these eye pencils for a few years. This is actually from last Fall's collection. Crush is a deep plum with teeny silver glitter. I love using cream bases like an eye pencil to bring out the hue of a powder shadow. Plus, it helps enhance the staying power of a powder shadow. Thankfully the glitter does not fall off onto the skin and gives the hint of sparkle appropriate for a grown woman. I also used UD's Zero black liner to line the top lash line. She didn't want a heavy line so I smudged it into her lash line and dipped an angled brush in black shadow to help lock it in.
L'Oreal Black Mascara (bride's own)
4. Quo #803 Lashes Shopper's Drug Mart Brand ($7.99): I adore Quo lashes. I do not love the glue but their line of fake lashes has never disappointed me. There are a variety of styles to choose from and all are made with 100% natural human hair. One of my favourite styles from the line is the #803. The hair is longest at the center and shorter on the sides which makes the eyes really pop. The feathery quality also gives it a flirty quality and looks very natural against her own lashes. Erica already has long lashes but these falsies just enhanced them even more. Tip: I don't always like to add an obvious line with liquid liner to hide the band. Since she doesn't want the liner to look thick, I will use a flat synthetic brush dipped in black liquid liner and smudge it right onto the band of the fake lashes.
5. Benefit PosieTint Cheek and Lip Stain ($28 USD): Another beauty crush. When it first came out I tried it on in the store and wasn't too impressed. A month ago, one of my bride's asked me to use it on her underneath a powder blush. I fell in love! I finally decided to pick one up and can't get enough of it. I love cheek and lip stains especially since I wear minimal makeup for everyday. I love it on its own or layered underneath a pink or coral-pink blush which is what I did with Erica. It's creamier than the original, Benetint, and gives a true girly flush. On my skin tone, I need about 2 layers on my cheeks and 3 layers on my lips but once it's on it stays on. I applied this first then dusted a translucent powder to set it.
NARS Douceur Blush (dusted over top of PosieTint)
M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish in Shimpagne (cheekbones)
M.A.C. Dervish Lip Liner (all over)
Beaute Cosmetics Luminous Volume Gloss in Paramour
6. YSL Rouge Volupte Perle Lipstick SPF 15 in Stellar Pink ($34 USD): This bride is a gloss junkie but I think I've made a lipstick convert out of her! Stellar Pink is a soft pink-beige from the Fall collection and is a shade that is "your-lips-but-better". This luxurious, creamy lipstick is packed with pigment but the glossy finish keeps your lips ultra moisturized. It's not a long-lasting lipstick but if you don't mind reapplying you'll love how it just cushions your lips!
What do you think of Erica's bridal look? Have you tried any of these products? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Want 'em?
Most products with the exception of Benetint PosieTint, Quo #803, and M.A.C. Sketch Eye Shadow were sent for editorial consideration.