Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday 2010: All I Want For Christmas Is...Smashbox The Gold List!


Give me gold and I'm a happy girl. If you're looking for that gorgeous glow this season, look no further. I love the holiday sets from Smashbox especially The Gold List! Nothing says festive than a little holiday bling!

This is a great gift that keeps on giving. With each purchase from the Smashbox WISH collection, Smashbox will donate $1 from every purchase, up to $25,000, to Children's Miracle Network, a nonprofit organization that grants the wish of life by providing medical care, life-saving research and ongoing education to help millions of kids overcome diseases and injuries. The set includes: 
  • Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst (Regular Size)
  • Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer (Travel Size)
  • O-Gloss Gold (Regular Size)
  • Photo-Op Under Eye Brightener (Regular Size)
  • gold metallic cosmetic case


Smashbox's original Photo Finish primer is a best-seller and is great for normal to dryer skin tones. The luminizing version is definitely for someone that has close to perfect skin and who isn't too oily. It feels amazing on the skin and gives you the perfect canvas. The primer gives the skin a subtle but noticeable luminous glow.The gold warm hue gives pale winter skin a much needed boost. Makeup stays on all day but because I have an oilier t-zone, my nose did get really shiny throughout the day.






The Fusion Soft Lights (left) can be used on fair to medium skin as a luminizing blush and on med-dark (like myself) to dark it works beautifully as a highlighter. The texture is amazing and velvety soft. Photo Op (middle) is an under eye brightener I use to use religiously. I forgot how much I loved this stuff. The tip is to apply only where it is dark - avoid fine lines as it will start to settle in the lines. I love it on it's own when I'm in a rush or doing errands - doesn't give me total coverage but just enough to brighten and not look overdone. I also love layering it under my concealer for an extra brightening effect. 

I LOVE the O-Gloss in Gold. I know from past reviews of the original O-Gloss some people hated it and some loved it. First, the gloss is so smooth and almost feels like a lip balm. Second, when applied on my lips it turns into a lovely shade of peachy-pink with gold shimmer. In case you didn't know, O-Glosses react to your natural body chemistry and is customized to your pH balance. It looks gorgeous on it's own or layered over your favourite lipstick for a pretty pouty effect.

Oh, and the gold makeup bag is super cute! The set is perfect to travel with and is awesome for on-the-go touch-ups. Yes, another must-add to your wish list!

Have you tried this set? Love it? Hate it? Want it?

Smashbox The Gold List retails for $49 USD and is available at Sephora locations and online at Sephora.com.

http://sephora.com

Product sent for editorial consideration and I honestly love it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the O-Gold gloss, it looks so pretty! I guessed it would give a peachy color and maybe some gold shimmer! Also, I love lip glosses that are light and feel like lip balm. Nice review and swatches! Would love to have the lip gloss from this set! :)

By the way Joy, I would love for you to follow me too, as I am also a beauty blogger! :)

http://theperfectpout.blogspot.com/

Make-up Junkie said...

Thanks Rizzie - it is a gorgeous gloss and does feel heavenly on the lips!