Everyday should be World Aids Day, but sometimes we just need a little reminder that more help still needs to be done in finding a cure. I love the M.A.C. Viva Glam lip products because you can buy them all year round and 100% of the selling price goes towards their M.A.C. AIDS Fund. Want even more reason to snatch these lippies up? They come in beautiful colours and different finishes - you'll be sure to find (or 2 or 3) that suit your style.What's your favourite Viva Glam lippie? I started working at M.A.C. around the time Viva Glam V launched so this one will forever be my favourite. Plus, it looks amazing on every skin tone and all my brides love it!
Top 5 Reasons To Buy A Viva Glam Lipstick or Lipglass:
- Today is World AIDS Day. What better way to show your support than by buying a product that supports HIV/AIDS with 100% of the selling price directed to the M·A·C AIDS Fund?!
- A purchase with a tangible effect. What exactly does the $17.50 you pay for your Viva Glam lipstick do?
For men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in North America, one Viva Glam lipstick can pay for:
- 8 individually tailored, nutritious home-cooked meals
- 1 week’s supply of groceries (about 4 bags of food) for 2 clients
- 14 blood glucose monitoring strips
- Fuel for MANNA trucks for 37 deliveries of nutritionally sound meals
- A Sunday meal for 5 people at the Denison Residential Housing Program in Toronto
- 1 Hospitality Kit containing personal hygiene and grooming essentials for a client entering a housing program
- For men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS internationally, one Viva Glam lipstick can provide:
- 2 children with 2 meals per day at Noah’s Ark for 1 month
- 1 pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
- Support and education for 5 pregnant women diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, giving them the tools to prevent transmission to their unborn child
- Support the M·A·C AIDS Fund and the Viva Glam Program. Since 1994, the Viva Glam program has raised $190 Million (USD) for HIV/AIDS organizations globally. MAF offers a large number of grants to these organizations and the money helps these charities in a variety of ways. Here in Toronto, MAF donates to a few different groups, two of which (Casey House and Fife House) are hosting World AIDS Day events at which a number of M·A·C employees are volunteering. Casey House is a specialty hospital for people living with HIV/AIDS and Fife House is a homeless outreach program/residence for people living with HIV/AIDS in Toronto. M∙A∙C artists from Toronto will pitch in to help at Casey House for their annual Voices of Hope concert, and at Fife House to treat residents and clients to a spa day. Along with their skincare tips and products, M·A·C is also bringing a $50,000 check to donate to Fife House this afternoon, on behalf of the M·A·C AIDS Fund!
- Raise awareness. Ever get questioned about your fabulous lip colour? What better way to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and M·A·C Viva Glam than by letting your lipstick do the talking?! Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper, our fabulous Viva Glam spokespeople, have a limited edition lipstick and lipglass available (photos attached) that they helped to design! This year, they are focused on raising awareness of HIV/AIDS with the female population. Forget the stereotypes. Women are more likely to become infected with HIV than men. While the overall rate of new HIV infections has slowed, the number of women infected with HIV is growing. And in every part of the world.
- Gifts that give back. Throughout the holiday season, there is even more that you can do to raise money for HIV/AIDS. M·A·C offers a Viva Glam lip bag and Sir Teddy, perfect stocking stuffers that support the M·A·C AIDS Fund with 100% of the selling price directed to organizations helping people living with HIV/AIDS. And don’t forget to pick up your Kids Helping Kids cards - deliver your message of holiday cheer knowing that you’re helping children all over the world that have been affected by HIV/AIDS.