Monday, March 28, 2011

CityLine Show Full of Bloggers = A Rowdy, Chatty, and Gorgeous Bunch!

(Warning: Most pictures appear blurry and have bad lighting. You can blame that on my Blackberry!)

Pre-show: getting set up and bloggers seated.

I've always wanted to sit in the audience of CityLine, particularly during one of the Fashion Friday episodes. But when I was invited to join the audience for a special Blogger episode I jumped on the chance - couldn't be more perfect!

Me and familiar face Anita from, From L.A. With Love and Primped and Proper,  waiting for the show to start.

The show was aimed at bloggers and how social media has changed all different industries from design, food, being a working mommy, and of course beauty! I had no idea who would be attending so when I arrived, I was immediately greeted with the familiar smiling faces of my fellow beauty bloggers. Everyone looked gorgeous and colourful. The energy in the green room was super hype especially when CityLine's stunning host, Tracy Moore, came in the room to say hi!

The two gorgeous Tracy's - Tracy Peart and Tracy Moore!

The show had some great guests including Erica Ehm from Yummy Mummy Club and one of my favourite makeup artists CityLine's awesome Tracy Peart! This was the only show where audience members could tweet and be on their phones. It was hilarious to see everyone's heads down furiously tweeting away! 

Each guest gave many wonderful tips on Do's and Don'ts of social media. Tracy P. had a good one that I also see often - if you're leaving a comment on another blogger's site don't include a your own website's url. I get it - you want to give your site more exposure but it may come across as spamming someone's site and the comments don't seem genuine. Other bloggers will eventually follow your blog if you visit and comment on their site regularly.


My favourite part of the show was of course the beauty segment with Tracy P.! She shared her favourite beauty products to use: cult classic L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara (used to be a staple of mine - forgot how much I loved it! Will have to pick up the water-proof version.), Vasanti Liquid Cover Up, Hard Candy Visibly Wet Lip Pencil, and a new favourite of mine M.A.C.'s Greasepaint Stick in French Quarter. I have been using this a lot and I love it! Best part - we got to take Tracy's favourites home along with some other awesome giveaways! Tracy is always giving tips on her beauty blog and does beauty how-to videos on CityLine.ca - be sure to check her out for some pro tips!

I asked Tracy a few questions about beauty and social media - here's what she had to say!

MJ: Favourite Spring makeup trend?
Tracy: My favorite makeup trend for Spring 2011 is bright, brilliant, neon colors for the eyes. Whether it be an eyeshadow all over the eye or an eyeliner just to accent the eye. I'm excited about BOLD colors being IN again!

MJ: Favourite product for Spring trends?
TP: My favorite product that will work with the Spring Trend, is an oldie but a goodie "Electric Eel" Eyeshadow by MAC. It's an outgoing color that can be worn subtly or loudly!

MJ: Best thing about starting your blog and being on Twitter?
TP: Best thing about blogging and being on Twitter is all the new people I've come into contact with. Whether it's makeup companies, or the everyday woman who looks to my blog for advice, or fellow Bloggers like you! Before being involved with social media, I didn't know them and they didn't know me. For instance, you and I met at a Blogger Party and remain in contact via Twitter! It's GREAT!
And it's true - love Twitter for connecting with other like-minded peeps! Thanks Tracy!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to stick around after the show to get more pictures and to attend the Tweetup at the ritzy Ritz Carlton. It was a fun experience and it's always good to see my beauty blogger sistas! The show airs March 29 at 9 am so don't miss it! Thank you to CityLine and Tracy P. for the invite! Here are some more photos from the show!

Me tweeting away with lovely bloggers, Anjali from Rock That Look and Anita! Photo courtesy of Michelle from Lipstick Rules!

My lovely gal Jenn from Spiced Beauty and Michelle.

Some of the great beauty bloggers at the show: 

12 comments:

Make Mommy Chic said...

Omigosh- i am so excited to see you lovely ladies on City T.V! Oooh.. looks like i'll be slightly late for work then :) What a great opportunity for you all!

beautyparler said...

Looks like you had alot of fun. I love reading favourites!! Good post:)

All things beauty and fashion! said...

How fun! I actually started my own blog today and after posting a few posts, I started searching for more beauty blogs and came across yours. I absolutely adore it!

I hope one day I'll be able to go to something like this. I hope you had a blast!

Keep up the good work!
xoxo

(P.S. does anyone know how I can follow this blog? Silly, I know, but I'm still getting used to blogspot. Thanks!)

Farah said...

Awesome interview and recap! It was so great seeing you and what a fun experience :)we missed you at the Ritz

Unknown said...

Looks like it was such a fun time! I hope to watch the episode online tonight :)

Mae said...

Hi Joy, Just wordering if you tried the Vishanti concealer yet? Tracy Peart peaked my interest on the show. Just wondering if you would recommend it as well....

Make-up Junkie said...

@MakeMommyChic - LOL did you get to catch the episode? hope you weren't too late! I hear CityLine will be coming to Vancouver sometime this year!

Make-up Junkie said...

@All Things Beauty & Fashion - Congrats on starting your blog and thanks for stopping by my blog! There is a little box on the left hand side where you can click on Follow.

Make-up Junkie said...

@Farah - It was so great to see you too just wish we had more time to catch up and get a pic! Yah couldn't stay too long - had to rush back to get kiddo :)

Make-up Junkie said...

@Elaine - It was a lot of fun and it was such a great idea to focus a show on bloggers and social media!

Make-up Junkie said...

@Mae - The liquid cover up by Vashanti is great if you don't have a lot of fine lines or wrinkles - find the liquid consistency can settle. It covers dark circles pretty well but I prefer to use a cream concealer when it comes to covering pimples or blemishes. As a foundation, I do find it feels a bit heavy all over the skin. Otherwise, it's great for spot concealing and easy to blend especially when you're on the go!

Make-up Junkie said...

@Beauty Parler - Thank you! I love learning about other MUA faves! Definitely missed you but I would have loved to be in NYC too!