Trends come and go so if you're hesitant to try some of this season's bright hues, Joe Fresh's beauty products will get you Spring ready under $10! With Joe Fresh's clean, clear packaging and great pigmentation their beauty line really is a steal. Their seasonal collections are always on trend and right off the runway thanks to Joe Fresh's resident celebrity makeup artist, Simone Otis. Let me gush over some of my new favourites!
Cactus cream shadow no flash
1. Joe Fresh Cream Eye Shadow in Cactus: I've been on a khaki green shadow kick lately. It's almost a neutral with a bit more colour. You can wear a nude lip with it or something a bit bolder like a berry or red lip. Long-wearing cream shadows are usually my go-to everyday shadow. They are quick and easy to apply. Joe Fresh cream shadows are certainly creamy and offer a sheer wash of colour, however, if you don't layer with a primer and powder shadow, aren't long-lasting. On its own with just primer, I found it creased a bit and the colour started to fade. My lids are a bit drier than most, so if you're oily it may not work for you. But I love layering a khaki powder shadow over top with a bit of brown in the crease. It stayed on a lot better and didn't crease. Looks gorgeous with a peach or rosy pink cheek too. I just think this shade is so fresh for spring and at $6 a pop you really can't go wrong!
Top not blended, bottom blended
2. Joe Fresh Cream Blush in Bloom: I LOVE cream blushes on their own or underneath a powder blush. My skin is often dry so a creamy texture helps give my skin a youthful glow. Joe's cream blush in Bloom has become one of my favourite must-have blushes! I've been using this blush for the past week now! I was really surprised by how well pigmented and long-lasting it was. It really does last all day and the texture is creamy but not dewy. It almost dries to a stain finish but still makes your skin look radiant. Bloom in the pan looks like a bright fuschia but on the skin looks azalea pink. It's gives the skin the perfect flush of colour. I also love using this on the lips with a bit of balm or gloss. Bloom is a definite must-have for spring! At $8, I will be picking up more shades - next on the list is Melon!
3. Joe Fresh Nail Polish in Tin: Wouldn't this silver metallic look amazing with spring's crisp whites?? I'm already a big fan of Joe Fresh polishes - Storm is one of my beauty crushes! Tin is a brighter and cleaner silver than other ones I own. I have similar tones but in more gunmetal or smokey silvers. There are many other fantastic must-have shades from Joe, but this is one of my faves! $4 a bottle is amazing but 3 for $10 is a no brainer! I will definitely picking up more of spring's hot shades!
4. Joe Fresh Cream Lipstick in Nude: Bright lips are everywhere but so are bold hues on the eyes. Nothing looks better and is more appropriate than the perfect nude lip. New for spring, Nude is a definite must-have shade. On it's own, it is a beautiful nude-pink on my lips but if you mix with a peach pencil or gloss can be nude-peach too so it's very versatile. I love this shade with the Cactus cream shadow! The texture goes on creamy, but I did find that the lipstick did sink into my fine lines and accentuated chapped skin. So, if your lips are dry make sure you give your lips a good exfoliation. I have to layer a gloss over it. Oh, and $6 for a lipstick is crazy!! The packaging is very similar to Shu Uemura's so you get the cool packaging for a steal.
5. Joe Fresh Pop Gloss in Petunia and Flamingo: Scared to venture into the the bright lip territory? Joe Fresh's new Pop Glosses offer amazing shine and a sheer tint of colour so your lips will surely not feel overwhelmed with colour. Even with my already naturally pigmented lips, I can still see a little of the colour. Petunia, pictured on the top, is a fun violet-pink. I love layering this over top of the Bloom cream blush. It gives the lips the most perfect kiss of pink. Flamingo in the tube looks like a coral-red but when applied is a gorgeous pink with coral undertones. I love layering this over the Nude lipstick - gives the look of a nude lip with coral undertones!
This is me wearing the Joe Fresh beauty products :) Fresh and pretty for spring!
Have you tried Joe Fresh's spring collection? What are your favourites?
Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them!