Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday Lookbook: Chanel Holiday 2011


I love being me, but I'd like to be her for at least a day. She's the "it" girl everyone wants to know at all the parties. 


If you want her look, you'll need to get your hands on Chanel's very luxe holiday collection. You can't get anymore glamorous than shimmering golds and ruby reds together.


Chanel Glossimer in Sparkle D'Or ($36 CAD): Chanel Glossimers are in my top 5 for glosses. One day I shall do a post of my favourite glosses to wear and to work with! This is definitely a splurge item, but because I use them for work I consider it an investment (I say to myself as I take out my wallet to pay). My stash is slowly growing. I love a lot of different glosses, but the Glossimers give such a dazzling shimmer to the lips it's unlike a lot of the other glosses I own. These are my go-to bridal glosses and just about every bride I've used them on has fallen in love. Sparkle D'Or (not pictured above) is the perfect shimmering gold gloss lovely on its own or added to the center of a red lip or just about any colour.


Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss in Triomphal ($32 USD): With the amount of champagne you'll be drinking this holiday, you'll want something that's long-lasting. Not for the faint of heart, these long-wearing liquid lipsticks are richly pigmented with lots of gorgeous shine. The first night I wore this out, I made the mistake of wearing a lip balm and a gloss over top. I wore no lip liner, which was a bad move because it ended up bleeding and feathering. The next time I wore it, I blotted my lips after I applied my balm and used a lip liner first. It didn't budge for hours. Triomphal is stunning and looks more ruby red on me which I love. Looks beautiful with a baby pink cheek and shimmer on the cheekbones.


Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in Famous (LE, $32 USD): Appropriately titled, 'Famous' will get you noticed. The texture is really moisturizing and applied more like a gloss but with lots of pigment. I was pleasantly surprised because I thought it would look a lot heavier, but it's definitely wearable for day. It has a hint of shimmer which adds nice dimension to the lips. I'm totally in love with the packaging and is so Chanel. The black and gold combination is becoming a slight obsession of mine. The click-open case is wildly entertaining. I sat for minutes popping it open. I wouldn't say this is long-wearing, but it lasts for 4 hrs or so. I didn't find I needed a lip liner with this, but it didn't feather or bleed either even with lip balm. 


Chanel Eye Shadow Duo in Noir/Ivoire ($42 USD): An easy duo for a quick smokey eye. Noir/Ivoire is a classic palette of black-brown and ivory-gold. Creating a smokey eye with this was effortless. Use Ivoire as your base and highlight and apply Noir on the lid. Done! If you want a more classic look that puts the focus on your lips, use Ivoire all over the lid and dampen an angled brush and line your eyes with Noir. The textures go on very smoothly and are nicely pigmented. However, I found I had to layer the shadows over a long-wearing cream base to prevent it from fading. While it is a nice palette that could be considered a staple, this is definitely a splurge item. There are other brands that are much cheaper and have long-wearing shadows.


Chanel Highlighting Powder (LE, $72 USD): The holidays just isn't the same without a magical dusting of shimmer. This ivory mixed with pink and mother-of-pearl finish is a gorgeous highlighter. The design alone will appeal to us Chanel collectors, but even I think it's a little absurd to pay this much for a highlighter. Again, it is Chanel and as much as I love the brand I can't even justify it. But if you have the money or feel like splurging, well be my guest but I'd pass on this one from the collection.


Chanel Le Vernis in Rouge Carat ($25 USD): Red is such a classic shade, but you'll love this festive version. Rouge Carat is a sparkling ruby red with gold shimmer. I love Chanel polishes so I'm willing to splurge on their must-have shades.

Swatches: 

L-R: Chanel Glossimer Sparke D'Or, Rouge Allure Famous, and Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Triomphal

Chanel Eye Shadow in Noir/Ivoire

Chanel Highlighter

Have you tried Chanel's holiday collection? Do you have any favourites or is this a pass?


Products were submitted for editorial consideration and I truly love them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful additions

the creation of beauty is art. said...

Everything looks so beautiful. I am totally in love with that red lipstick. What a beautiful colour.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com