Friday, January 20, 2012

Beauty Review: Clean Face In A Flash!

I really try to keep to our nighttime routine. I really do - try. After the kids are tucked into bed, cleaning up is the last thing I want to do and sadly that includes my face! As a makeup artist, I always tell my clients "sleeping with your makeup is a no-no". I guess I should practice what I preach! Before Baby Z, I can honestly say I washed my face 90% of the time. The other 10% I blame on a late night out with too much wine (yup, that is a rare occasion). Now, I'll only clean my face if I've worn makeup that day - I know, I'm ashamed! I've said too much.

Clean Face In A Flash!

Clean Face In A Flash! by makeupjunkie13 on

Thankfully, beauty brands make handy cleansers called wipes and cleansing waters that clean your skin in a flash. I can remove makeup, tighten my pores, feed my skin anti-aging nutrients without using water (which means no mess around the sink - such a pet peeve of mine). My skin can breathe in some fresh air again. Yes!

Korres Pomegranate Cleansing and Makeup Removing Wipes For Oily and Combination Skin ($16 CAD): Korres is one of my all-time favourite all-natural beauty brands. I love the pomegranate wipes. The wipes leave my skin feeling refreshed and they effectively take off my makeup, although I usually take off my mascara with a separate remover. One little wipe can remove impurities, tighten pores, and give antioxidant protection. Cleaning your face takes less than a minute to do! If you're lazy like me, keep these at your bedside. 

One pack holds 25 wipes which won't last long if you use these often. It's a little pricey for a small pack, but you get what you pay for which means it's formulated WITHOUT parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, phthalates, and GMO. It would be great if Korres comes out with a bigger pack! Now available at Shoppers Drug Mart locations across Canada. 

Biotherm Biosource Total & Instant Cleansing Micellar Water ($26 CAD): Who knew something that looks like a toner could actually cleanse your face? Another quick cleanser, Biotherm's contains Thermal Plankton Cellular Water and is paraben-free. It feeds your skin nutrients rich in minerals and vitamins. It cleans fairly well but sometimes I feel like I need to use two cotton pads to make my skin feel really clean. My skin looks radiant and even feels soft after. It's not as convenient as a wipe because you need to use a cotton pad, but it gets the job done fast. There's a lot of cleansing waters on the market and more continue to come out. It's pretty pricey compared to some others, but Biotherm is not a drugstore brand. Bioderm's version is on my 'want' list and I believe it's slightly cheaper. But if you want something that's a steal, try Marcelle's. 

What are your favourite quick cleansers? Are you guilty of not taking your makeup off every night? Be honest! :)

Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them. 


CottonCandyINK said...

never tried these before, thanks for sharing

Melli said...

There are sooo many nights where I am just too lazy to wash my face. I blame it on my comfy bed where I just knock out before I realize I didn't wash my face. :( Makeup wipes are lifesavers for me! Still looking for a good one though.