Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Beauty Review 2012: YSL Candy Face Collection


Spring is popping out some candy inspired shades! If you've got a sweet tooth, then you will adore these candy hues from YSL's latest collection for spring. Here's a little sampling of the collection.

1. YSL Voile De Blush in Carmine Veil (LE, $40 CAD): I love blush in any form especially when I can use my fingers. This water-based gel blush offers a sheer tint of colour and radiance. I was all over this when I first tried it, but was kind of disappointed by the performance. My skin typically eats up blush so  I either have to layer blushes for longer wear or use a blush that is highly pigmented. Carmine Veil is a sheer rosy red with coral undertones. I found I had to use a few layers for the shade to even show on my medium-dark skin. It does give your skin a dewy finish though. To call it a blush is a little misleading, but the word "veil" suits it more. If you love your blush to give you some colour I would pass on this, but if you really want a sheer kiss of colour then try it out. I would test this before buying as it is on the pricey side. 

YSL Carmine Veil swatch

2. YSL Rouge Volupte Perle in No. 115 Shimmering Coral & No. 116 Milky Pink (LE, $38 CAD): One of my favourite products from YSL has to be their lip products. The Volupte Perle's have a lovely creamy pearl finish. The lipsticks are highly pigmented, but do have a lot of slip to them so don't expect it to last for hours. I love how it looks like a gloss but feels like a hydrating lipstick. 

Top: Milky Pink, Bottom: Shimmering Coral

I find both shades very stunning mostly because of the pearly finish. Neither shades are different or trendy, but I'm really drawn to them. Milky Pink really is milky but the pearly gold flecks give it some warmth and make it more wearable. On me, it almost looks like a nude-pink shade. I have to balance it with blush though or else I will look a little washed out. This looks amazing paired with a deep violet smokey eye. Shimmering Coral is my favourite of the two and definitely looks more flattering on me. I love the pinky-gold pearl undertone to it as well. 

3. YSL Golden Gloss in No. 50 Golden Peach ($40 CAD): I'm a fan of YSL's glosses because they never feel goopy or sticky. I also love the mango scent. Golden Peach is a pretty shimmering peach shade. You probably have a dozen that would look similar. Don't get me wrong - love it and love the shiny shimmering finish. So, if you're in the market for a shimmery peach gloss that you'd like to splurge on pick this one up. You won't be disappointed with a). the shade and b). the finish and texture of this gloss. It will make your lips look lusciously amazing, but it's $40. If you just don't have the budget, I'm sure you will find something similar in a cheaper price range.



Do you have any favourites from YSL's Candy Face collection? 


Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them. 

2 comments:

shabana MUA said...

love the colours x

the creation of beauty is art. said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love the shimmery, pretty colours!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com