Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's A New Chapter For Makeup Junkie!


I'm changing things up on Makeup Junkie! You'll still be able to get a healthy dose of beauty reviews and beauty news, but I want to make it more personal. I want to share my beauty experiences through snap shots because photos tell stories and capture beautiful moments. I've gotten bored of my usual swatching and reviewing. The majority of the products either go into my kit or in my lovely storage bins. I have so many products, but only a handful actually make it on my face. I want to display my latest beauty loves in interesting ways other than on my hand. I've fallen into the vortex that is the ho-hum of life that even my makeup routine has become predictable (eww when did I become predictable?).

In the last few months, I've had a sudden surge of creativity. I haven't felt this way since before my first son was born 6 years ago! I forgot what an excited, emotional mess a creative person can be. I'm a makeup artist so one would naturally think being creative goes hand in hand. However, like life I was stuck in a rut.

Lately, I've become obsessed with photographs and design. I recently re-vamped the logos and banners for this site and the Joy of Makeup. I spend a lot of time reading tutorials and tinkering around in Photoshop (like making my own Polaroid effects - so fun!). I may not be a crafty DIY gal, but I make up for it graphically. I've also been sucked back into Pinterest. I had stopped "pinning" for months, but needed some creative inspirations for a few projects I'm working on. Pinterest is brilliant for creating story boards and also wasting A LOT of time. Well, it's time to put my ideas into action! 

The world around us is beautiful and tragic all in one. I'm so lucky to be able to see the world from the eyes of a 6 and 1 year old. Kids remind you to appreciate and enjoy the little things. They fall, shed a few tears, and quickly get back to exploring life with a smile on their face. A lesson to learn and live. Life is fleeting so I'm going to pick up my fantastically pedicured feet (DIY by the way) and start living life - in my prettiest shade of lipstick of course! I hope you'll stay a while and join me. ;)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the changes Joy! :)

Make-up Junkie said...

Thanks Elaine!!