Thursday, January 25, 2007

Latest Obsessions: Hand Creams and Lip Balms

Lip products have always been an obsession of mine, but lately I've been on a quest for finding the best hand creams. My hands have been looking horrendously dry lately. If you have to hide your hands when you're in public then there's a problem. It's not attractive seeing cracked skin around the nails and cuticles. My husband especially doesn't appreciate the feeling of sand paper every
time I touch him. To solve that problem, I picked up Aveda's sought after Hand Relief Lotion in the travel size of course. It's incredibly moisturizing and has a yummy cinnamon-citrusy scent to it. If you have chronically dry hands I would definitely make this a must-buy.



I had bought the Almond Oil Daily Hand and Nail Cream from the Body Shop last week and I really liked it in the store. It definitely soothed my dry skin, but the more I wore it the more I couldn't stand the scent. It has a very sweet almondy-rose scent that's almost nauseating. The smell is almost as strong as a perfume and it lingers for a long time. It also doesn't come in travel size so it can be pretty bulky in your purse.



The one thing I do love from Body Shop, however, is their Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick. I love anything cocoa butter. It has a delicious chocolaty scent and keeps these smackers from getting chapped. At $6 a pop I picked up two: one for my home and one for my purse. Plus, every time you buy one you help support Community Trade; by buying ingredients like cocoa butter and beeswax this enables work for farmers in Ghana and North West Zambia and many other great causes.



Along with my Aveda purchase today I also bought Juice Beauty's SPF 15 Tinted Lip Moisturizers. I had been eyeing these for a while and finally decided to try them out. I love my Petting Pink lip conditioner from M.A.C. but it's not always the most convenient when you're walking down the street, pushing a baby stroller and talking on your cell phone. Juice Beauty's organic stick conditioners come in a pack of 3 (how cool is that?!) for $17. When I first opened one it looked kind of rough and not smooth like a normal lip balm. Once you put it on, your lips feel soft but it's not as moisturizing as M.A.C.'s lip conditioners. The colours, however, are awesome! They come in plum-berry (Delightful), red-berry (Playful), and pink-berry (Joyful - what a perfect name!) shades all with a slight shimmer. Each one of them gives your lips that "I've been snogging for hours" look.

I think I've satisfied my hand cream and lip balm craving for now. On to something new! haha

No comments: