Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Bronzer Mission

Today I finally treated myself to a day at the salon and got my hair cut. I've been obsessed with Nelly Furtado's bangs in her "Say It Right" video (so obsessed the song is even my ringer for my cell) and decided that it was time for a change. I know - EVERYONE it seems is getting bangs. I am fault for following the trends but what else is new? You're talking to a make-up junkie! Anyways, my hair cut was one of the most uncomfortable ones I've ever had. I had gone to this guy, James, once before back in September and we had hit it off. He knew exactly how to cut my hair and did exactly what I asked for. I think I got him on the wrong day. I realized after his one word answers he did not want to chat. I'm just glad he didn't take whatever was bothering him out on me by butchering my hair. Well, for $35 I can't go wrong and I actually like the bangs. I haven't had full bangs in a while. I can still sweep it to the side once I get sick of it. The bangs do make me look younger and for once I'd like to look my age! Oh well - my husband is loving the new hair and said looking young is better than looking old.

After my hair cut (yes, my story is going somewhere!), I headed to the Sephora store in the Eaton Center to find the perfect liquid/cream bronzer. I was quite disappointed that they didn't have the Tarte Sunburst Beaded Bronzing Lotion in stock yet. This is the second time I've gone to the store in the past 2 months and they didn't have the new products in stock at the same time as the online store. Now I know how my M.A.C. customers felt when we didn't have something in stock. They did however have Smashbox's Photo Finish Bronzing Primer To Go in stock. The bronze tint is subtle but gives just enough colour. I didn't really want anything too shimmery and this is perfect. It's a base for foundation but you can wear it on it's own to give you a bronzey hue. It ended up coming home with me but only by default. I'm still happy with it but not happy about paying $20 for a travel size tube. However, a little goes a long way. I'll try it out until it's done and if I don't like it I'll keep searching until I'm happy!

No comments: