Thursday, February 22, 2007

Beauty Review: Sephora Is My Candy Store!


Yesterday I met up with a friend who was in need of some new makeup colours because she had been using the same makeup for the past few years. She was in the mood for anything green. I swear, I applied every shade of green from every makeup brand in Sephora! The good thing about Sephora is that there's a variety of makeup brands to choose from and the bad thing is that there's a variety of makeup brands to choose from! We started off at Lorac and she loved the shadows but then we'd move on to another brand and she'd love those shadows too. So, I suggested we try everything and narrow it down before deciding. Well, we were in there for approximately 3 hrs - not impossible right??

The winners ended up being Smashbox's single eyeshadows in JPEG (chartreuse shimmer) and Green Room (deep grass green). I used JPEG as her lid colour and smudged Green Room into her lash line and outer crease. The shadows were so velvety soft and blended easily with the sponge applicator. She wanted a little more drama for the evening so I then used Sephora's Slim liner in Black 91 on her lash line and smudged it for a smokier effect. She was already wearing a nice neutral blush from M.A.C. in Cubic. We finished the look off with Lorac's new Mocktails in Guava Tiki (sheer peachy pink). The gloss was nice and smooth, not sticky at all and it gave the perfect amount of colour. The gloss smelled so good it made you almost want to eat it! I had to hold back from buying the gloss for myself because I have way too many glosses!

The 3 hrs in Sephora was well worth it and my friend ended up leaving with a bag full of makeup and a whole new makeover. I did end up buying Murad's Soothing Lip Therapy for myself (I couldn't leave empty handed). My Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick from Body Shop hasn't been cutting it lately. It's been making my lips more chapped. I think I might be slightly allergic to the cocoa butter :( I've been wanting to try Murad's lip balm and I'm liking it so far. I only have to apply a few times during the day versus every half hour and my chapped lips have disappeared! The smell is okay (sweeter version of petroleum jelly), nothing yummy smelling like what I usually gravitate towards. But as long as my lips are smooth and healthy that's all that matters to me!

No comments: