Saturday, April 28, 2007

Beauty Review: Loose Lips New York

For a smaller brand that is quickly gaining popularity, Loose Lips New York is right on the heels of some of the world's biggest cosmetic brands. I've been pleasantly surprised by the great quality and lovely selection of colours.

Lip Plumping Gloss in Oxygen ($15 USD): I've been lucky to come across some great lip plumpers lately since plumpers really aren't my thing. Loose Lips NY's newest line of plumping glosses is enriched with Vo-Lip-Tuous lip serum giving fuller lips with sheer colour. Oxygen is a sheer pretty apricot shade with gold shimmer. There's no tingling sensation and the texture is very moisturizing and not sticky. I love wearing it on its own but Oxygen can be worn over top of other lip products. I can tell my lips are plumper right away - without that annoying tingling sensation sometimes it's hard to tell if the product is working. This shade is perfect for any time of the day or any occasion.

Indelible Creme Eye Shadow in Apricot Frost ($16 USD): I was really excited to try this product since Loose Lips NY's Indelible Eye Liner in Black Cherry became a favourite of mine last Fall. I love this shadow and it has been one of my go-to's in my cycle of shadows. The texture is creamy but it dries to a crease and water-proof powder finish. Applying the shadow takes seconds with your finger or a flat brush. The colour payoff is wonderful and it has a high frost finish so use a light hand and layer. Looks great as a base or on its own with a bit of liner. I wore it yesterday on a 2 hr bike ride and it didn't budge or crease. It also lasted into the wee hours of the night. This is a definite must-have especially for you glamorous women on-the-go!

Midsize Eye Shadow in Gold Digger ($12 USD): Don't you just love the name? This true yellow gold shadow has also become a favourite of mine this season. I forgot how beautiful this shade looks against bronze skin! Gold Digger reminds me very much of my once favourite M.A.C. eye shadow in Goldmine - same frost texture and colour but it's $2 cheaper than M.A.C.'s. I ran out of Goldmine long ago so I'm happy Gold Digger is similar. Gold looks great on everyone and is the perfect shade to get your eyes noticed this season!

Lumi-Shine Gloss in Cheer ($15 USD): Want shiny lips with full colour? Lumi-Shine gloss has a non-sticky texture and delivers full colour like a lipstick but with shine. Cheer is a pretty shade of mauvish-pink with silver shimmer. Lovely colour but not for me. I like pinks to either be soft and pale or bright and shocking without any berry or mauve tones in it. Pink is one of the hottest colours of the season so be sure to have one (or two or three) in your beauty stash!

Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 in Touch of Radiance ($22 USD): Tinted moisturizers were a staple in my makeup bag but when my skin started breaking out I needed more coverage. Now that my skin is getting better, I think I'll start using a tinted moisturizer again. I've been weary of products with an SPF since my skin has become so sensitive to it. I really wanted to love this one but my skin broke out into a slight rash around my cheeks, upper lip, and nose. Touch of Radiance is for darker/tan skin tones and blended in exactly with my skin! It had a luminous finish and offered pretty good coverage. The formula is nice and light and didn't feel like I was wearing any product on my skin. It's non-oily and packed full of vitamins. You can wear alone or under mineral foundation/concealer for more coverage. If it weren't for an allergic reaction this would definitely be a must-have for me!

Sherry, CEO of Loose Lips NY, was kind of enough to give Makeup Junkie readers 15% off your first purchase! When checking out, use code 'springjunkie' for the discount. Thanks Sherry! Happy shopping!

For more information on Loose Lips NY products click here.

No comments: