The Juno Awards is the biggest night in Canadian music. What I love about Canadian award shows is that there is always a mixture of glam and rocker laid-back styles on the red carpet. There isn't anything pretentious about the show and everyone seems genuinely happy to reconnect with their Canadian roots and fellow musicians. Here are my hits and misses for tonight's Juno Red Carpet.
1. Nelly Furtado, beautiful songstress and one of my all time favourite singers to groove to did not disappoint on the red carpet. She definitely brought a touch of Hollywood glamour to the Junos and looked absolutely stunning in her floor length black gown (I missed who the designer was). Her hair was pulled back into an elegant up-do and her make-up was flawlessly radiant. I loved the black liquid liner winged out to the side and the raspberry pink cheeks and glossy lips looked amazing against her skin tone. Nelly not only shined on the red carpet but hosted the awards show for the first time and won all of Canada over. Not to mention she brought home 5 awards including Album of the Year and Artist of the Year! Way to go Nelly!
2. I thought the gals of tv show Corner Gas, Gabrielle Miller and Tara Spencer, looked fun and sexy on the red carpet (you'd never know it was freezing in Saskatoon by the way they were dressed!). Gabrielle looked like a true fashionista in her sexy black little mini number and thought Tara looked sultry with her smoked out eyes and nude lip (love her dark denims too!).
3. I'm not really a fan of Keisha Chante's music but I was a fan of her $20,000 Valentino jewel-encrusted dress she wore tonight at the awards. I love loose waves but I thought the ends of her hair looked like they were fried, but her make-up looked fresh and beautiful.
4. I really liked Canadian Idol winner, Melissa O'Neil's, hair (I'm all about the bangs these days), but it was hard to see what her dress really looked like. I thought the colour looked great against her skin, and the plunging v-neck why not if you've got the goods, but I didn't really like the khaki trench with it. I know it was freezing but I'm sure there would have been a million better choices than that.
1. Sarah Harmer is a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice to match. Tonight, however, she looked like she was meeting her girlfriends for lunch instead of attending Canada's biggest award show. Her hair looked like she pinned the side with a bobby pin, her make-up did nothing to make her look less tired or pale, and her dress looked frumpy and dowdy on her. Well, at least she can count on her fans for liking her music and not her fashion sense.
2. I thought country artist Carolyn Dawn Johnson looked like a layered mess. There was so much going on with her outfit. I love vest tops worn on their own, but her black shirt peeking out everywhere just looked messy. Her hair was in need of some major volume, but her make-up was nice.
3. Need I say more?? Only in Canada! haha
That rounds out my list! Who were your fashion hits and misses for this year's Juno awards?