Friday, November 16, 2007

Beauty Review: Pink Beauty Day 1

Photo is unretouched. That's how good Sarah's skin is!

Today is the first day of my 5 Days Of Pink Beauty! Since my cousin, Sarah (who is also a new yummy-mummy to her beautiful 1 month old Rachel Jade), was visiting me I thought I'd spring a mini-makeover on her! My cousin is a natural beauty and it's evident especially since she looks amazing after giving birth just one month ago! I know my first month after having my son I felt and looked like blah and I wanted to glam Sarah up since she won't have the time to do it. Here are the products I used and how I achieved her new-mom-glam look!


The look:
I evened out her skin tone with foundation and powder. I then prepped her eyes with a primer before putting on the shadows. I used Eye Splendor Shadow in Trinket, a pale iridescent satin lilac shade, all over her lid. I then added Belle, a soft irridescent blue, from the middle of her crease to the outer crease. I lined her her top and bottom lash line with a dark grey shadow and smudged a little into her outer crease to give some definition. A swiped on some black mascara and for added drama added a pair of fake lashes. I used my contour powder blush brush to apply the Cream Radiance Rouge in Delight, a rosy pink, to the apples of her cheeks to give her that natural flush. I added a highlighting cream to the cheekbones and temple for a luminous glow. On the lips, I used Luscious Lip Sheer Lipstick in Mabel, a soft peachy-gold, and applied Rosealine, a coppery-cocoa brown, over top. To emphasize her full lips, I added Glamour Glaze Lip Gloss in Dearest, an opalescent peachy-pink.


The result:
Sarah looked radiant, fresh, and totally glam! She loved everything I used on her. The shadow colours on her eyes were so pretty and she loved how moisturized her lips felt (and we didn't even use a lip balm!). She also loved the colour of the blush and said the makeup felt really good on. The lip products had a nice sweet smell to them and even the blush smelled of roses! The pigment in the shadows were rich and beautiful and the textures blended smoothly onto the skin. The blush didn't feel sticky like some other cream blushes and also blended really easily. The lipsticks have a nice sheer finish and give the perfect amount of colour. My cousin wasn't sure about Rosealine at first and was surprised at how soft it went on. She's also not a fan of sticky, goopy gloss and loved the texture of Glamour Glaze. I'd say Pink Beauty Day 1 was a success! Stay tuned for Day 2! Happy shopping!

No comments: