Saturday, November 17, 2007

Beauty Review: Pink Beauty Day 2


Are you ready for Day 2 of Pink Beauty? When I looked out the window today and saw the cloudy boring sky, I decided I wanted to do a look that would evoke the bright colourful hues of spring time. I wanted to add a bit of colour to each area of the face without looking overdone and with Pink Beauty's sheer textures it's hard to look overdone. I decided on a sheer wash of colour on the eyes, a healthy pop of colour on the cheeks, and a bright pinky pout. The model I used was myself which is not nearly as fun as using someone else. But hopefully I'll have some friends that will pop by that I can make over?? Alright, here are the products I used to achieve this look.


The look:
April Jacob, makeup artist and the wonderful creator behind this oh-so-chic line, told me that the shadows could be used wet for more intensity. Using the shadow dry, you get a nice wash of colour but dampen your brush with a bit of water and the colour is intensified. As my base, I swept Eye Splendor Shadow in Worshiped, a soft neutral beige with a velvet finish, all over the eye. On the lid and the bottom lash line, I applied Primp, a sheer seafoam shade with a satin finish. I then took my angled brush and lined the bottom lash line with Belle, a periwinkle blue. I added a bit of black liner to the inner lash line for a little definition. On the cheeks, I swept Soft Flush Powder Blush in Object of Affection, a peachy-pink powder, on the apples of my cheeks. For a nice pop of colour, I applied Luscious Lipshimmer Lipstick in Vi Vi, a shimmery berry-pink. To finish the look, I applied Glamour Glaze Lip Gloss in Sugar Pie, a sheer flamingo pink, to the center of the lips.


The result:
I loved playing around with the colours and seeing the range of sheerness and opacity each product had. Worshiped is such a great neutral beige and can be worn alone with some liquid liner for an understated glam look. I loved the soft seafoam colour of Primp! When I applied it dry it was just a whisper of colour which is perfect for a day look. And when I applied it wet, it changed to a greeny-blue metallic shade as seen in the picture above. Belle is a great colour because it would look great on just about anyone. I used this periwinkle blue on my cousin yesterday which was softer because it was applied dry. Today I applied it wet to my lash line and it just gave the perfect amount of colour! I didn't want my eyes to be overdone but adding it just to the lash line really made a difference. I am in love with the Object of Affection blush! It is my new fave blush and is the perfect colour when you need a pick me up. The blush gives the skin a really nice sheen - not a shimmer which I prefer. My 2 fave products had to be the Vi Vi lipstick and the Sugar Pie Gloss. When I applied Vi Vi once, the berry-pink shade was soft and sheer. I applied it a few more times and the result was a bright beautiful rich berry-pink. Sugar Pie gloss on it's own looks like a bright pink but goes on sheer and smells soo yummy! When I applied it to the center of my lips, it created a really nice highlight. This colour is gorgeous when you want a pop of colour and would look great against bronzy skin. My look today was a nice change from the nude lips and charcoal grey eyes of fall. I think I achieved my oasis of a colourful springtime! Happy shopping!


No comments: