Sunday, November 18, 2007

Beauty Reviews: Pink Beauty Day 3

This was the best picture I could come up with!
Day 3 of Pink Beauty was a nice relaxing day outing with my son and husband. I wanted a natural but girly look today. I decided on doing a neutral eye and added black liquid liner winged out a bit to give it that girly-feminine quality. I concentrated more colour on the cheeks and left my lips a nice soft neutral. This is definitely a look you can wear everyday and to change it up just add a darker lip colour to spice it up for the evening. Here is how I achieved the looks and the products I used.


The look:
To achieve that natural look you still have to put a bit of effort into it. Your goal is to even out your skin tone without over powdering or over concealing. You want your skin to look luminous and not shiny. For the eyes, I applied Eye Splendor Eye Shadow in Worshiped, an almost matte neutral beige, all over from lash line to brow bone. I've used this colour as a base for the past 2 days because it's such a great neutral! To make my eye go from bland to glam, I added a black liquid liner to the top lash line only applying it from the center of the eye to the outer corner. Since it was still day time, I winged it out and up just a bit to give it that flirtiness without looking over done. To make my cheeks look dewy and fresh, I applied Cream Radiance Rouge in Delight, a rosy-pink, to the apples of my cheeks ( I also used this on my cousin for Day 1). For those of you that have naturally rosy cheeks, this colour was specifically designed for women with redness because it doesn't add more red to the skin. The base is more browny than red. To finish off the look, I swiped on Lip Scintillate Lip Gloss in Sashay (which was named after the creator's husband Sasha! aww), a sheer plumy-brown.


The result:
The look was fresh and girly just like I wanted. I still wanted to look polished but in a natural way. The cream blushes are fantastic because they smell like roses and they dry to a powder finish. It makes my skin look luminous without looking oily and doesn't stick to my hair like some that I have tried. I also love how buildable the blushes are. I kept applying until I reached my desired look. The Lip Scintillate Lip Glosses feel wonderful on and has a thicker finish than the Glamour Glaze Lip Gloss and is not sticky at all. The plumy-brown hue of Sashay went on sheer and is a perfect neutral for everyday. And did I mention how yummy all the glosses smell?? Stay tuned for Day 4 of Pink Beauty where I'll be waiting on the side lines at the Santa Claus parade (that's one of the best things about having kids - you get to be a kid again!) Happy shopping!

No comments: