Thursday, April 17, 2008

Beauty Review: Belli Skincare Is Mommy And Baby Approved!

Looking for gift ideas for Mother's Day? Belli Skincare is the perfect choice for mother's-to-be, new moms, and for the mother who deserves some serious pampering! A few posts ago, I posted a rave review of Belli's Skin Smoothing Body Exfoliator. If you're not familiar with the skincare line, it is a line that was developed around expectant and new mothers. It is the only skin care line that is teratology screened meaning they screen ingredients and exclude any that are linked to birth defects or any other problems with pregnancy. The products are also allergy tested, free of synthetic dyes and paraben preservatives.

Just in time for sandal season! Belli Foot Relief Cream($18 USD) soothes aching, swollen feet and cramped calves. It is also aroma-therapeutic, anti-bacterial and ultra moisturizing. This is a wonderful lotion to use for a deep massage on the legs and feet. The peppermint, tea tree oil, and shea butter cools the skin and refreshes tired feet. Pregnant mothers will love this lotion especially in the last few months when your feet are swollen. Just kick up your feet and let the lotion do its work. The smell is not offending so don't worry about losing your lunch! I've been doing a lot of landscaping work in the backyard this week and at the end of the day this cream really relieves any aches and makes my skin feel fresh and soft. Recommended for anyone that is constantly on their feet.

I've been on the hunt for a LONG time for THE ultimate eye cream. A few posts ago I did a review on Clinique's All About Eyes that left me feeling underwhelmed. When I received Belli's Eye Brightening Cream ($28 USD) I was a little skeptical but hopeful. Here is what it promises:
"...revives and illuminates tired eyes. This advanced eye brightener hydrates delicate skin, lightens dark circles and minimizes the appearance of fine lines. Vitamin K enhances circulation and is shown in research to reduce the appearance of dark circles. Saccharomyces Cerevisia extract makes the area around the eye look restored, with a more uniform complexion. Rice and Soybean protein improve hydration and also aid in reducing dark circles and puffiness around the eyes."

I'm happy to report that I LOVE this eye cream! I didn't think it would be possible that I'd find one that actually does what it promises. I've noticed that my dark circles are a lot lighter than a month and a half ago. I've started using less concealer which is great because I'm almost out of my YSL Touche Eclat! :( The illuminating effect really perks up my eyes and my fine lines aren't as noticeable. The price is reasonable as well and worth it. It's a definite must for anyone that doesn't get enough sleep. :)

Hand sanitizer has saved me from a lot of sticky and yucky situations. The only thing about ones I've used in the past is they were always drying. Belli Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer ($6 USD) contains benzalkonium chloride - a non-drying, powerful antibacterial that kills 99% of germs on contact. It cleanses and moisturizers on-the-go. When you first apply it on the hands, it has a slightly tacky texture but it quickly disappears once it's rubbed in. The moisturizing factor is a major plus and my hands always feel soft after each use.

I wish I knew of Belli Skincare 2 years ago when I was pregnant! The products are reasonably priced and their screening process puts me at ease knowing I'm not putting anything harmful into my body. The great thing about this line is that you don't have to be pregnant or a mother to enjoy the line because it's really for anyone that wants to pamper themselves using safe products. Happy shopping!

For more information on Belli Skincare click here.

1 comment:

spa girl said...

Thanks for the post. I'm really into buying products free of phalates, parabens and other harmful ingredients....Check out 'California Baby' for bath and lotion products..they are an organic and healthier choice for your baby and you. We recently bought some product at the baby show and have discarded our baby Aveeno and Johnson products which still have parabens and phenoxyethonal in them.