Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Beauty Review: Thevi Cosmetics for Ethnic Women

I had the opportunity to try a few products from the Thevi Cosmetics line. The line was developed by new entrepreneur, Thevaki Thambirajah, who had a difficult time finding shades that matched her unique skin tone, so she developed her own line which caters to new ethnic communities: light to dark skinned women of Asian, South Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean descent. With 3-years of developing formulations and shades to match a range of skin tones, Thevi is a line ethnic women can call their own.



Triple Split Shadow in Bistro ($22 US)
This is such a lovely combo of colours. I love when companies put multiple shades in one compact, it makes it so easy to carry around. The yellow gold, warm brown and metallic grayish-brown are gorgeous and blend really well together. I used the gold on the entire lid and blended some brown into the crease and outer edge of the lid. I noticed that I didn’t need a lot of product on my brush, the pigments are quite strong and went on really smooth. I saw minimal creasing and it stayed as vibrant at the end of the day as when I first applied, impressive. I went on their website and learned that the shadows are water-proof, it’s lovely for you beach babes looking to enhance your summer-time glow!
High Impact Lipstick in Drama ($22 US)
How sexy is this colour?! I’m definitely one of those girls who never wears red. Every time I do, I feel like everyone is staring at my lips. But I really like this lipstick. It is very moisturizing, glides on effortlessly and has a glossy finish. Not to mention the packaging - très chic!

Mineral Finishing Pressed Powder Duo in Mocha Mates ($28 US)
This is a blush, bronzer and all over face powder in one. Since there is only one shade and it’s meant to suit most skin types, I find this to be a bit dark. I was expecting it to be more translucent but it wasn’t which is why I prefer to use this as a bronzer/blush. Online, it says “this micro-milled pressed powder visibly blurs away fine lines and uneven coloration, nurtures skin with conditioning and anti-oxidant vitamins and minerals, and is suitable for even the most sensitive skins.” I didn’t notice any blurring of fine-lines or uneven coloration, but it definitely has a nice finish. You can also use the darker shade as a contour colour to bring out those cheekbones.


The packaging and quality are definitely on the higher end, and it's reflected in the prices. But, when you're searching frantically high and low for that perfect match, price comes secondary. Currently, the products are only available online. Happy shopping!


Has anyone had a chance to try this line?

1 comment:

Emilita said...

I really like the colors and they look so flattering on your skin. Hopefully they will be available in stores at some point...I think they would look great on one of my best friends, but she's the type who likes to test before buying.