Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Makeup Obsession: Creamy, Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils


I always had a hard time working with pencil eyeliners. Often, the line would end up too thick, uneven and tugged like crazy on my poor, delicate eyelids. For the longest time, I stuck to gel liners and liquid liners, finding that they gave me more control and had much more colour payoff. About a year or two ago, I was looking for a bright blue eyeliner to pair with a bronze eye and on a whim, decided to go with those shiny new Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils. I heard the formulation allowed the pencil do to just what the name suggested- glide on smoothly. Even better, it was supposedly waterproof. I was still skeptical, but Electric was the exact colour I was looking for, so it was worth a try. When the little, bright teal pencil arrived, I tried it on immediately and fell in love.



I later found out that Make Up For Ever offers a similar type of pencil. Like the Urban Decay pencil, it had this super smooth consistency that allows it to glide on your eyelid like butter. The colour payoff is amazing and true to its claim, it actually is waterproof and lasts all day. A few of those found a home in my beauty arsenal. These miracle eyeliners reunited me with pencil eyeliners, allowing us to put our differences aside and start what would be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.


The only downside of the Urban Decay and Make Up For Ever eyeliners were the price. At $16 US/$18 CDN a pop, they did not make my wallet happy. Thankfully, the great goddess Sephora heard my concerns and it wasn't long before Sephora Flashy Liners made their way into Sephora stores across North America. In 10 gorgeous shades, no less! The Flashy Liners, only $8 US/$10 CDN each, work just as beautifully as their more expensive counterparts at almost half the price! Flashy Blue is rather similar to Urban Decay's Electric and Flashy Copper and Flashy Brown look gorgeous on tanned skin. I own 8 of the 10 available colours and love every one of them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog- it never disappoints me! I have had the UD eyeliner on my wishlist for a long time, but the price was a concern...thanks for the heads up on the Sephora pencils- I will go and check it out:)

ButterflyDiary said...

The UD 24/7 are a never fail. I buy them religiously.

Anonymous said...

really like this blog..lot of info

Anonymous said...

If you like those, you should try Annabelle's Smoothliners. They are awesome. My holy grail pencils.

kt said...

Would you mind swatching the colours you have?