Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Beauty Review: Kat Von D

Kat Von D star of hit reality series LA Ink, partners with Sephora to create an edgy yet glamourous makeup line. The line consists of shadows, liners, lipsticks and brushes all in black packaging with silver tattoo designs. Her signature look is smoky eyes and red lips - a mix between old-Hollywood and punk rock. Hot!



My fave products from the line are the True Romance Eyeshadow palettes ($38) in Ludwig and Beethoven. Both have great pigment and give an intense smoky eye with a mix of some neutral shades. Ludwig consists of more earthy tones, with greens, browns and bronzes and Beethoven is a deeper palette with blues and purples. These will take you straight from day to night.
The Rock ‘n Roll Duo Shadows ($28)

This combo of satin and glittery shadows looks like the perfect duo but to be honest they aren't very good. After scratching away I'm left with bland lids and a tattered brush, boo. I definitely recommend the palettes over these even though they look appealing, save your time and money ladies.


These liquid liners are fab! With shades of glittery black, silver and antique gold you can create any look. I love the handle, it's sort of rubbery making it easy to hold and the brush is thin enough to create that perfect upward line.

I haven't tried the lipsticks or lipglosses, but they look luscious!


Anyone tried the Kat Von D line? Love it? Hate it?

www.sephora.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought the Ludwig palette on impulse and love it. The shadows are soft, smooth, and blend well. Thanks for the heads up on the duos! I was looking at one of the earth-tone pairings, but I'll pass, now. More money to spend on Dior. XD;

MrsNinjaTeacher said...

I also bought the Ludwig palette, and a friend purchased the Beethoven palette and I adore them both! The colors are awesome. I also purchased the lipstick in Misfit, and though I like the color, I find that it dries out my lips a bit, but this might be because it's matte. I'm not quite the makeup junkie so I'm not sure.