Friday, November 14, 2008

Beauty Feature: Winter Skin Savers - Cleansers

If your skin is like mine, then you've been battling flaky, sensitive, lack-luster skin. The cold winter months don't always bring out the best in me. Cursing the effects of the bitter cold wind on your skin won't do anything so why not invest in some great winter skin savers?

Makeup Junkie writer, Nicole, and I had the awesome pleasure of attending a one-on-one consultation at the Kiehl's store (North Yonge location) where Donna Paty, National Education Manager for Kiehl's, walked us through all the products appropriate for our skin. My skin has been super sensitive lately due to drier weather and harsh winds. I've started using the Ultra Facial Cleanser ($24.50 CAD) and my skin is loving it! I tend to get a bit sensitive around my nose and cheeks especially when I'm sick and blowing my nose all the time. The mild cleanser is specially formulated with a sugar-derived glycoside foaming agent that is so gentle on the skin yet thoroughly cleanses makeup and dirt without over-drying. Also contains effective emollients Squalane, Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitamin E and Avocado Oil. It's a definite must this season for all skin types especially those who have sensitive skin.

Nothing ruins your look more than dry, flaky patches on the skin. There were times when I would come home from an event and I'd look in the mirror embarrassed by my flaky nose and chin. Scrub those dry patches away with Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub ($36.50 CAD)! Made with real fruit enzymes that gently exfoliate, your skin will be left feeling refreshed, clean and soft. I love how my skin looks after using this scrub. It looks brighter, more radiant, and my blackheads are scrubbed squeaky clean! The scrub also has a subtle pineapple-papaya scent. Suits most skin tones with the exception of acne-prone or easily-irritated skin. If you have sensitive skin, exfoliate 2-3 times a week or scrub only where needed. (Stay tuned for more on our Kiehl's visit!)

Drier skin will appreciate a cleanser that is creamier like the organic Gentle Cleansing Milk from Care by Stella McCartney ($35 USD). This gentle Cleansing Milk removes makeup and impurities without using water. I prefer using water with my cleanser but when my skin is totally dehydrated and zapped of moisture, using the Cleansing Milk sans water makes my skin baby soft. It contains organic Lemon Balm and Apricot, rich in carbohydrates and vitamins E and A essential to protect and revitalize the skin.

Stay tuned for beauty feature Winter Skin Savers - Moisturizers!

Have you tried these products? Love 'em? Hate 'em?

Kiehl’s products are available in Canada at the Kiehl's store at 407 Queen Street West, 2518 Yonge Street and by mail order at 416.483.1335, in Vancouver at the Kiehl's store at 1025 Robson Street and by mail order at 604.408.4182, in Montreal at 760 Ste. Catherine West and by mail order 514.788.4226, and select Holt Renfrew stores across Canada.

No comments: