Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Beauty Feature: Beach Babe Beauty

For most of you summer started in June, but my summer didn't start until last Friday! This past weekend was a scorcher (after a month long drought!) and what do you do when it's sticky hot? Go to the beach! And that's exactly what we did. Most women that go to the beach don't wear anything on their face other than sun block. I was tempted to bare my natural skin but the makeup junkie in me just couldn't! I decided to use this opportunity to put some talked about beach must-haves to the test!


1. per-fekt Skin Perfection Gel To Go: I had featured this product last week (click here), but I didn't really get to test it's sweat-resistant/water-resistant claims. After sitting in the hot beating sun and splashing around in the water, my face didn't melt off all day and looked bronzy and glowy. Even with all the sweating, my skin didn't feel heavy or sticky. Great alternative to a tinted moisturizer and bronzer!


2. Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Mascara: This is the one mascara I've been using all summer long. It perfectly defines, separates, adds volume, and lengthens all in one. It also doesn't flake or smudge. My lashes looked great in and out of the water. This mascara also has tube technology which means it comes off in little tubes with warm water!


3. Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon: The last thing you want to do is bring your whole makeup stash to the beach. This creme stain for cheeks and lips is a definite must-have! It is oil-free, streak-free, and waterproof. Surprisingly it didn't sweat off my watermelon glow and lasted on my lips after drinking. It did come off a bit on the lips after eating something oily but that is to be expected. A little goes a long way so start with a tiny drop and blend into the skin with your finger. This colour also looks gorgeous on tan skin. The light watermelon scent is just delicious!


4. YSL Gloss Volupte Sheer Sensual Gloss Stick SPF 9 in Iced Lychee: New for Fall but a must for Summer! Gloss and lipstick in one - LOVE! This sheer gloss stick gives your lips extreme shine and drenches your lips in moisture. I love the way it feels on the lips, although I wish the moisturizing factor lasted longer. I layered this over top of the Becca Tint to enhance the colour a little more and to protect my lips from the sun. Iced Lychee is a sheer pinky-coral and gave my lips a bit of colour, but I prefer using it over top of a stain for more colour and moisture. While I've become a fan of this gloss stick, I'm not sure I would pay $30 USD for a sheer lip colour!


5. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 85: Sunblock is essential when frolicking in the sun. This sunblock contains Helioplex technology which delivers the highest UVA protection. The Dry-touch technology helped quickly absorb into my skin and got rid of excess shine without a chalky-white finish. The sunblock has a light scent and never felt heavy or sticky on my skin. It's also water-proof and sweat-proof! I love the high SPF factor because I didn't have to reapply every half hour.

Have you tried any of these products? Hate 'em? Love 'em? What are your beach babe must-haves? Makeup Junkie wants to know!

No comments: