Monday, June 14, 2010

Beauty Feature: Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick Limited Edition Fast Kisses by Designer Mark Fast


I had posted my summer faves for lips a few posts back (click here) featuring more muted shades of nudes, peaches, pinks and corals. Well, I think I have found one of my favourite lip colours of all time! Hall of famer? I think so! Yes, I have had many lip affairs in the past - glosses, lipsticks, tinted lip balms, lip stains - you name it. But Lancome's L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick in Fast Kisses has stolen my heart!

Before I give you the background, I have to mention right away that Fast Kisses is a LE and only available online and at The Bay Queen Street in Toronto from June 17 - 19 (or until stock runs out)! If you're in the Toronto area you won't want to miss The Bay Lancome beauty event where you can get your makeup done, meet Lancome makeup artist Lora Spiga and designer Mark Fast, and most importantly get your hands on this must-have lipstick! Spots are limited so call to book your appointment at 416-861-4572 x.176!



Hand-picked by Fast and Spiga, the very limited edition of L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick has been named FAST KISSES by Fast himself. Spiga has collaborated with fashion designer Fast to create a make-up look complementing the knitwear garment he designed exclusively for Luminato to reinterpret LancĂ´me’s iconic rose and femininity.

When I first saw the press release, I thought what's so different about the colour? The photo really does not do this colour justice. It just looks red in the photo. In person and on the lips - STUNNING! Fast Kisses is a fuchsia pink and the perfect marriage of red and pink. The hue is very blue-based and would look AH-mazing on fair to deep dark beauties! It's one of those shades that perk up your complexion and make your teeth look whiter. I wore it to work yesterday as a stain which I pressed into my lips with my finger and I don't think I received so many compliments on a lipstick in my life! One girl said "it just gives you enough oomph without looking overdone".I kept the look simple with bronzy shadows, lots of mascara, bronzer, and put all the focus on my lips!

The texture and pigment is very rich, hydrating and definitely lasts for 8 hours! The only thing I am not a fan of is the rose scent but at least it does not linger for too long. There are not enough words to describe this amazingness - you just have to go and check it out for yourself! Since it's an LE, I may have to visit The Bay to stock up!

L’Absolu Rouge in FAST KISSES will be available in limited quantities at www.lancome.ca/markfast (Shop the limited edition) and at Toronto Bay Queen from June 17 to June 19 or until stock runs out. Retails for $35 CAD.

Luminato: Mark Fast Interpreting The Rose
From June 11th to June 20th
Brookfield Place
181 Bay Street
Toronto, ON
M5J 2T3

2 comments:

Anjali said...

Ohhhh thanks for posting!!! Now I HAVE to try this!!!! I might order it online b/c I don't think I'll get to The Bay before it runs out. I'll let you know if I get it :)

Make-up Junkie said...

Hey Anjali! You're welcome! This lipstick will look gorgeous on you! Let me know if you end up getting it!