Many apologies for the lack of posting! I'm trying to soak in the last few weeks of summer and cling to my summer faves as the autumn season quickly approaches. As excited as I am to play with all the colourful and sparkly goodies Fall has to bring, I just can't part with some new products that have been keeping me pretty this summer!
1. YSL Rouge Pure Shine Sheer SPF 15 Lipstick in Blood Orange ($30 USD): When it comes to luxury brands, YSL lippies are at the top of my list. I love the ultra hydrating, smooth texture especially for my sometimes dry lips. The lipsticks have a sheer, gloss-like texture but are highly pigmented. They are a bit more slippery than a cream version and are not as long-lasting. But if you don't mind reapplying and prefer a glossy finish, you'll love YSL's Rouge Pure Shine lipsticks. Blood Orange is a gorgeous combination of red and orange with a golden shimmer. This shade is one of my go-to summer hues! The price is a bit steep for a lipstick but the juicy texture, luxurious click cap, beautiful colours and delectable mango scent make this a must-have!
Top swatch: YSL Blood Orange, Bottom Swatch: YSL Gloss Pur in Pure Watermelon
2. YSL Gloss Pur in Pure Watermelon ($30 USD): High shine and pure colour. If you prefer a super shiny gloss minus the shimmer you will love YSL Gloss Pur. Like YSL's Rouge Pure lipsticks, Gloss Pur also offers a moisturizing, sheer texture with a light mango scent. Pure Watermelon is a lovely shade that looks more coral on me. I love layering this over Blood Orange when I want a poutier lip with more impact. The only thing I dislike is the price tag. For something sheer that doesn't last too long, I'd opt for a cheaper gloss.
3. Jemma Kidd Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lip Gloss in Rose ($22 USD): Rose is like a medium-dark gal's version of NARS Orgasm. The rosy-pink shade with a golden shimmer is so pretty and works with many looks and skin tones. This gloss is non-sticky and contains anti-oxidant Vitamin E. Unlike most glosses, these lippies offer long-lasting colour. If I had something bad to say about this gloss is that it can look a little flaky after a few hours of wear and it's not available in Canada!
4. Jemma Kidd Skin Rescue Bio-Complex Veil SPF 15 ($24 USD): Looking to cut down your makeup routine in the morning? This multi-tasking product works as a moisturizer, primer, illuminator and tint in one! I was skeptical that this would make my face look more oily than radiant, but once it set my skin looked smooth, even-textured, and luminous. Mind you, if you have acne-prone skin and need more coverage then I'd look elsewhere. My skin usually looks its best during the summer months, so the light coverage has been perfect for me especially in this humid Toronto weather. Love the slim, pump bottle packaging but hate that its only available at Target locations in the US.
5. Lancome Tropiques Minerale Bamboo Bronzer (Bronze Riveria Summer Collection $52 CAD): When I first opened this product, I was amazed at how big this bronzer was! The size alone is worth the hefty price since it will last forever. What really makes it worth it is the beautiful detail baked into the bronzer. I almost don't want to use it because it's just too pretty! I tend to gravitate towards matte bronzers, but the mineral-base leaves the skin with a bronzy glow without too much shimmer. This bronzer highlights and contours all at the same time. Just swirl your brush all over for the most perfect summer glow! If you're a makeup junkie that loves collector's items, this is one to add to the collection!
6. Jemma Kidd Blush Wear Creme Cheek Colour in Guava ($23 CAD): This has quickly become one of my all-time favourite cream to powder blushes! Guava is a vibrant coral-pink that perks up your complexion. Vitamin A, C and E work together to brighten, condition, and nourish the skin while anti-oxidants protect from free radical damage. These shimmer-free blushes are well-pigmented and easy to blend. Although it sets to a powder finish, your cheeks will still look naturally glowing!
7. Mereadesso Beautiful Body Balm ($54 CAD): When it comes to makeup I don't mind having multiple products, but when it comes to skincare less is more for me. I love one-step products that do it all. If you aren't familiar with Canadian skincare line, Mereadesso, get familiar fast. They strive to create skincare products that are simple, easy and efficient packed with minerals and botanicals that are good for the skin. The lovely and talented Lucky, key makeup artist for MTV Canada, is a big fan of the Face + Neck Toning Gel and has used it on The After Show co-host, Jessi Cruickshank.
This body balm is hydrating enough for the body, hands, feet and the packaging is so sleek that even men won't mind using it. It's a must-have for these skin-baring months - nothing looks worse than dry, flaky skin in the summer! Blended with 8 vitamins and minerals along with 28 globally sourced botanical ingredients, the body balm will help improve skin's texture and elasticity. It has a light scent which fades after so it won't interfere with your favourite perfume.
8. Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner Duo ($42 CAD): When I saw that this shampoo and conditioner was humidity blocking, I couldn't wait to test it out in the hot humidity. I find some no-frizz hair products tend to weigh the hair down but my hair has stayed voluminous minus the frizz. My hair can usually look and feel dense in the summer, but this hair duo has tamed my mane leaving it manageable, shiny and healthy. It provides gentle-cleansing making it great for coloured hair and is sulfate-free. Available at The Shopping Channel.
Have you tried any of my summer must-haves? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Want 'em? Stay tuned for my Fall beauty trends and must-have products!
All products were sent for editorial consideration.