Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Trend 2010: It's A Lipstick Love Affair With Burberry Lipstick

Sometimes high-end brands are overrated. The packaging can be underwhelming and the formulas and colours are on par or worse than the average to cheaper brands. Burberry is every bit a high-end line and if you love your luxury brands then Burberry should be on your 'It' list. I just love the metal magnetic casing with the signature plaid detailing. 

Burberry Soft Satin Lipstick in Rosewood is like a classic trench - it's a neutral lipstick that will never go out of style. It's a lovely rose-pink with brown undertones and golden shimmer. On my skin tone, the brown tones of the lipstick come out more. On fair-skinned beauties, it looks rosier. I love that it looks different on everyone making it a very wearable neutral. In the tube, it doesn't look too exciting but if you're looking for high-end neutrals this is a must-have basic shade.

I LOVE the satiny smooth finish of this lipstick. It's buttery soft, well pigmented and contains anti-aging properties for fuller definition. I love smushing my lips together just to feel the lipstick. The only bad point for me is the texture and colour aren't as long-lasting as other lipsticks. My solution - I like to press it into the lips as a stain with my fingers then apply the lipstick from the tube. I also notice that after a few uses the lipstick looks like it's melting. Don't worry, it's not so soft that it will break on you!

The shade range is something I would love to have in my kit for my brides. There is a great selection of neutral and blushing shades. At $30 USD, this will definitely be a splurge item for me.

Have you tried Burberry Soft Satin Lipstick? Love it? Hate it? Want it?

Product was sent for editorial consideration. 


Shaylee Anne said...

That colour is gorgeous, and the texture looks amazing! My next splurge will be something from the Burberry line, maybe the lipstick! :)

temptu said...

Marvelous design! I never had a lipstick like this pretty.

Make-up Junkie said...

If you haven't tried the line, you should definitely add to your collection! It is a splurge item but so worth it!