Friday, January 14, 2011

Beauty Review: Sensitive Skin? Eczema? Then You Need Diane Lai!


Has the cold winter weather left your skin feeling dry and itchy? Do you find every skincare product you try makes your sensitive skin irritated and blotchy? Or do you suffer from eczema? 

My son developed eczema at the age of one and ever since it's been a constant battle until now. I had tried avoiding topical steroid creams such as hydrocortisone but creams from Aveeno or Jergens Baby would irritate and burn his skin. When his skin started breaking and bleeding that's when I gave in and was prescribed Betaderm. After that, his skin started to heal but I hated the fact that I had to use a steroid cream on my lil' guy. He hadn't had much flare ups but once in a while when the weather was really dry I'd have to reach for the Betaderm. 

Enter Canadian brand, Diane Lai's, all-natural creams and lotions for sensitive skin. I was definitely skeptical because other all-natural creams I had tried on him still made his skin burn. Not anymore! It was Diane's child who has sensitive skin that inspired her to create this soothing collection. The products contain no Parabens, Phthalates, Formaldehyde, artificial fragrance, artificial colorants, Retinols, Sulfates, Petro Chemicals, or Oxybenzone.

Both Soothe and Rejuvenate contain active ingredients organic shea butter, kernel oil, cold-pressed grape seed oil a natural moisturizer rich in antioxidants.

Rejuvenate ($45 CAD): This is a daily moisturizer that helps maintain soft and healthy skin. Rejuvenate is a lipid replenishing body lotion to smooth, protect and restore the skins natural barriers to reduce dryness, irritation, and scratching. 

Can I tell you how excited I was when my son didn't complain about having irritated skin?? I use it all over from head to toe and ever since the first slather I haven't had to reach for his Betaderm! The overall texture of his skin is so much smoother. It never left a greasy finish and soaked quickly into the skin. The bottle is 100 ml and all done now but it lasted for about 2 months.Whaaa! Time to buy one!

Soothe ($34 CAD): Since my bottle of Rejuvenate is all gone, I've started using Soothe as my son's body/face lotion. This particular cream is used to soothe red, patchy, itchy flare ups. You can also use this cream to alleviate itchiness from mosquito bites and pain from sunburns. It comes in a smaller 30 ml bottle and probably would last longer if I wasn't using it daily on him as a body lotion. I'm kind of sad it's almost done but I know I'll be picking this one up as well! 
If you don't believe me, ask my son! If he can tell me I look more beautiful with makeup, he'll tell you these creams really work! And for all you prego mommies out there, this collection is also great for minimizing stretch marks and soothing itchiness from a growing belly!

The products are only available online www.dianelai.com. Hopefully stores will start carrying this line! And I hope both products will come in a bigger bottle! It may seem like a pricey lotion for your kids but aren't they worth it?? ;)

Have you tried Diane Laine's products? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Want 'em? 


2 comments:

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

This review is fun to read, prob because it was from a mommy's perspective. Great that a Canadian brand could help you (and your son)

Arianne said...

Great review, Joy! Glad to know that Dylan likes them as well. I'm so happy that something so gentle and non-irritating is so effective. :)