Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globe Darlings

How many of you caught the red carpet coverage of the Golden Globes last night? How many of you actually watched the awards show? For most award shows, the only thing I look forward to is the red carpet coverage but since Ricky Gervais was hosting I just had to watch the whole show! Again ,he was hilarious with his unforgiving digs at the celebrities and was just true to himself through and through.

I think overall all the ladies looked beautiful with the exception of a few wacky styles (Helena Bonham Carter - gotta love her!). The colour trends of the night fell into the emerald greens and blush pinks. Did their stylists tell them these were the "it" colours of the moment? Last year it was all about bold lips and smokey eyes but this year makeup was really soft and pretty. Here are some of my favourite Golden Globe darlings of the night!

Photo Credit: Lancome & JustJared.com

Miss Mila Kunis has sure come a long way from her "That '70's Show" days. I really loved her in Black Swan and thought she did a phenomenal job embracing her character as a talented ballet dancer. I have to say, her and Angelina Jolie were tied for my top favourites of the night. I just fell in love with the emerald green and thought this colour and style of her Vera Wang dress just looked stunning on Mila. The makeup done by Tracey Levy for Lancome and hair was the right dose of glamour to let this dress shine through. 

 Photo Credit: JustJared.com

Whether you love her or are just plain over her, Angelina Jolie is always a stunner on the red carpet. She looks amazing in just about anything. I really loved her dress by Atelier Versace because it was a nice change from all the gowns. It was just effortless. The pronounced shoulders, low back, and the Swarovski crystals that encrusted her dress made it red carpet perfection. Her makeup - black smudgy liner and nude lips - was typical Ange and her hair? Meh. She still looked gorgeous but could have looked a bit more polished. 

 Photo Credit: Lancome & JustJared.com

Lea Michele looked young and radiant last night in the other popular colour - blushed pink. Her Oscar de la Renta dress was girly and feminine. She was one of the few starlets that didn't looked washed out in this shade of pink. I loved the softness of her hair and makeup and thought it went beautifully with her gown. Loved the flirty lashes and soft pink lips. Makeup done by Melanie Inglessis for Lancome. 

Photo Credit: JustJared.com

A cheating ex-husband ain't gonna hold Eva Longoria down! I've never really been a fan of Eva on the red carpet but being one of the few in a black gown, she looked gorgeous. She's a petite person and her Zac Posen dress hugged her in all the right places. I loved her elegant Bardot up do and her makeup was just lovely. I always find her smokey eyes, false lashes, and bronzer can be a little overboard but last night her eyes sparkled with minimal shadow and feathery lashes and her skin was glowing. 

 Photo Credit: JustJared.com

Natalie Portman is one of my all-time favourite actresses. I always thought she was an underrated actress so I was ecstatic when she won Best Actress for Black Swan! It was the role of a lifetime and her hard work definitely paid off. Her Lanvin dress wasn't necessarily a favourite of mine but she is a true winner in every form! I loved how the dress accentuated her baby bump and adored her rosy pink cheeks and lips. I thought the colours of the dress were too Valentine-esque for me, but she was the look of love. You could tell last night how excited she is to be a mother and how in love she is with her fiance (who was her dance partner in Black Swan). 

 Photo Credit: JustJared.com

Hot damn Halle! Can you believe she's 45??! I was kind of on the fence with this racy Nini Ricci design, but there's no denying that Halle looked sexy. It was definitely a favourite with the husband! As if she needs to remind us of how drop-dead gorgeous she is - like really. I'm glad she went back to her signature pixie cut. It just suits her and her striking features can carry it off. Her flawless skin, smokey eyes and nude lips finished off her racy look perfectly. 

 Photo Credit: JustJared.com

This dress could look all wrong if the breast size were any bigger than B cup! Wow, I've never seen January Jones in something so provocative. She is a fan of unique fashion pieces but this one was a shocker. Definitely another favourite of the husband! This red Versace number wouldn't be a dress I'd wear (maybe if I had the body for it!), but it looks phenomenal on her! The cut-outs and deep V accentuated all the right places. She was definitely the sex-kitten of the night. Even Ryan Seacrest said he was going to try really hard to look directly at her eyes! I'm getting a little over the Old Hollywood glamour look (I know shocker!) but her hair and makeup looked stunning. 

Photo Credit: JustJared.com

Are we over Megan Fox yet? Her Armani dress was pretty but what I loved more was her hair and makeup. I loved her flowing waves off to the side. As the face of Giorgio Armani Cosmetics, her baby blues just popped with her kohl rimmed eyes and her soft pink lips were so pretty and fresh. 

What did you think of the red carpet fashion and beauty looks at the Golden Globes? Who were your favourites? 

 

6 comments:

dani@callitbeauty said...

that's a nicer photo of eva longoria. the one i have made her face look quite pale in comparison to her body (which is something that always happens w/ her in her red carpet looks).

i'm agreeing with you on mila kunis, natalie portman, halle berry, & megan fox, they all looked so gorgeous! other beauty faves were jenna ushkowitz, dianna agron, jennifer lawrence, and leighton meester.

Shadowy Lady said...

ughhhhh Halle Berry just kills me she's soooo gorgeous! My second fave was Eva Langoria followed closely by Catherine Zeta Jones

Make-up Junkie said...

@Dani - I thought Dianna Agron and Jennifer Lawrence looked beautiful too. I was on the fence with Leighton - I liked it at first then someone commented that she looked like a gussied up Sister Wife! lol

Make-up Junkie said...

@Shadowy Lady - yah Catherine Zeta Jones did look stunning especially everything she has been through with Michael Douglas being sick!

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said...

I was hoping for Helena Bonham Carter to hoist her dress up and start dancing an singing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun amongst the tables. :) Totally Cyndi Lauper-esque looking!

yummy411 said...

joy i so agree with you about eva longoria! she looks so radiant and stunning!