Christmas shopping is a fun yet tortuous task for me. It's not even the money factor (ok, maybe a little). It's the case of "one for you, one for me". As you peruse my "It" list for this holiday, you'll be sure to find something to add to your wish list!
The Makeup Newbie
- Laura Mercier The Book of Nudes ($48 USD): Popular among makeup artists and makeup lovers, Laura Mercier's palette of nudes does not disappoint. I'm ashamed to say, but this palette is the first Laura Mercier product in my beauty stash and it is here to stay! This book of nudes will ease any makeup newbie into the world of makeup. The shades and textures are very wearable. It's a palette that will take you from day to night in a snap. The mix of matte and shimmery finishes make for a great bridal palette as well.
It includes: 8 Eye Colours in Buff (matte finish/ soft neutral cream), Tiger's Eye (sequin finish/ sparkling chocolate brown), Sandstone (sateen finish/ pale peachy pink), Bamboo (luster finish/ golden brown shimmer), Baroque (sateen finish/ warm terracotta), Fresco (matte finish/ neutral beige brown), Granite (matte finish/ smoky gray), Cocoa Brown (sateen finish/ shimmering brown), 1 Tightline Cake Liner in Ground Espresso (universal black-brown)
3 Crème Veils in Bronzer Veil (universal bronze), Cheek Veil (matte rose peach), Glow Veil (radiant neutral beige shimmer).
- Makeup iQ App For iPad/iTouch by TracyP Makeup ($0.99): Every makeup newbie can use a little help. Why not learn about makeup and have fun while you're doing it? If you haven't heard, one of my favourite makeup artists, Tracy Peart of TracyP Makeup and Cityline's/Breakfast Television's key makeup artist in Toronto is the visionary genius behind this awesome app! The best part is that you can learn about makeup wherever you are!
It's a quiz and makeup game mixed into one. Answer the skill testing makeup questions...the more answers you get correct, the more makeup and hairstyling you can apply to your model. The goal of this app is to help you learn more about makeup application, and have fun while you're learning. It's inexpensive and valuable at the same time! I love gifts like that - don't you?
- Make Up For Ever Wild & Chic Best of Kit ($55 USD): The holidays is the perfect time to stock up on must-have products. Most brands launch kits that have their best-sellers like this lovely kit from one of my makeup staples Make Up For Ever. If you have a gal pal just learning to wear makeup, this kit has all the essential to create a polished look. The kit includes: HD Microfinish Powder
Full Size Aqua Cream in 13 Warm Beige (champagne shimmer)
Travel Aqua Eyes in Mat Black 0L (black)
Full Size Lab Shine in Star Collection - S4 (pearly pink beige)
HD Microperfecting Primer
Full Size Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara
It's a phenomenal deal considering there are 3 full size products in the kit. Love all their products!
The Makeup Junkie
- Sephora by OPI Glimmer Wonderland 18 Piece Mini Nail Colour Set ($48 USD): Because a makeup junkie can never just have one! All nail junkies rejoice! This must-have set holds cute minis of Sephora by OPI's best-sellers, trendy shades and everyday basics. Give as one gift or divide between your besties - you decide!
- Korres Cherry Picked Cherry Oil Lip Gloss Quad ($28 USD): Forget about your friends - save this one for yourself! If you love gloss, Korres glosses are the bees knees! These lovely lippies come in 4 best-selling and flattering shades and they make your lips look fantastic! You get all shine without the stickiness and it's packed full of good stuff like Cherry Oil which hydrates the lips and Vitamin E & C offers antioxidant benefits. This all-natural lip set contains 4 Cherry Oil Lip Gloss in Natural Purple 25 (sheer dusty rose), Naked Rose 22 (sheer golden rose shimmer), Fuchsia 54 (shimmering muted fuchsia), Light Purple 23 (mauve pink shimmer). These glosses are definitely in my top 5 for glosses!
- Avon Expert Mega Palette ($29.99 USD): Makeup Junkies everywhere will love the many looks upon looks that can be created from this Avon mega palette. I haven't always been a fan of Avon shadows but this set seems very well pigmented especially the blushes which I'm a fan of. This amazing set contains 36 eye shadows, 36 lip glosses, and 6 blushes. Each level is like a little surprise!
Smokey Eye Lovers
- Make Up For Ever Wild & Chic Aqua Eyes Set ($36 USD): Again, another amazing value set from MUFE! I've always been a fan of these long-wearing pencils. If you love your smokey eye, you'll love smudging these into your lash line for that sooty rock 'n roll effect. These also work great as a base under powder shadows. If you're also a fan of colour, you will enjoy these universally flattering shades: Full Size Aqua Eyes in Mat Black 0L (black) and 5 Travel-size Aqua Eyes in Dark Grey 21L (dark metallic grey), Iridescent Navy Blue 3L (navy blue sheen), Blue With Green Highlights 12L (metallic teal blue), Pearly Brown 2L (golden brown sheen), Purple 11L (metallic purple).
- Buxom Armed & Gorgeous ($29 USD): These double-ended waterproof smoky eye sticks are no joke! For the friend who loves to bounce around from party to party, these pencils will work double duty as an eye liner and shadow. These shadow liners glide on smoothly but you have to work quickly if you want to smudge them out. The kit comes with a smudging brush and a sharpener (still haven't figured out how it works). It twists up so I guess the sharpener is used if you want the ends to be more of a point for lining. It comes in lovely shades that work for a lot of skin tones. Smokin' Pistol & Switchblade (smoky coal/ smoky metallic indigo), Two by Four & Torch (smoky black-brown/ smoky metallic brass), 5" Stiletto & Slingshot (smoky plum/ smoky metallic chrome).
- Vasanti Nude Pink Lip Kit ($25 CAD): A smokey eye is not complete without a nude lip! Available in nude pink and nude brown, these lip kits are the perfect compliment to this season's smokey eye. These limited edition kits offer such great value and all products are full size. It includes Sweden Ultra Luxe Lipstick (the perfect everyday pink), Norwegian Vitamin E Infused Lip Shine (shimmering pale pink), and a Pro Lip Brush complete with a silver cover. The set comes in a cute re-useable tote perfect for gift-giving and traveling! I am a huge fan of Vasanti lip products because they have a balm-like finish that glides on smoothly and keeps your lips moisturized without any stickiness. There are so many gorgeous shades to choose from! Sweden is a great choice for a nude pink lip because it leans more warm so your lips will never look chalky.
- Sleeping With The Enemy Coco Chanel's Secret War by Hal Vaughan ($21 CAD, Chapters.indigo.ca) and Paris Wife by Paula McLain ($19 CAD, Chapters.indigo.ca): Beauty and style lovers will enjoy this book about a secret side of Chanel's life. If you're obsessed with Chanel and old Paris like I am, you or your special gal pal will love this book!
I haven't started reading Paris Wife yet, but it came highly recommended. Told in the voice of Ernest Hemingway's first wife Hadley, tells his story from her point of view. You will fall in love with characters like Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Gertrude Stein and others from Paris the Lost Generation.
I purchased both books at Chapters/Indigo's on-line store. Fighting the hustle and bustle of holiday shoppers is not what I call a good time. Shopping on-line just makes total sense and I highly recommend shopping Chapters/Indigo's on-line store. It's user-friendly and full of great gift ideas and recommendations. You'll also benefit from cheaper prices if your a member. The best part was the super quick shipping time! It only took one day and a half for me to receive my order! Chapters.Indigo.ca is PTPA Approved so be sure to make this a shopping destination this holiday!
- La Vie en Rose Minnie Surprise Me Long-Sleeved Top & Pants ($69.95 CAD): For the ones that love to get cozy at home and are big Minnie Mouse fans, she will instantly fall in love with this adorable pajama set. It's cotton and feels oh-so soft and luxurious! I love lounging around in this while I snuggle up to a good book and mug of coffee...fantastic!
- Philosophy Sweet Kisses & Merry Wishes Set ($36 USD): Those that love to pamper themselves at home will enjoy a relaxing bubble bath with this yummy and scrumptious smelling set of body washes from Philosophy. For the longest time, Orange Mimosa was my favourite body wash but now I have some new faves! This offers such amazing value because it also comes with matching lip glosses! These would be perfect for dividing amongst the favourite gals in your life. The set comes with: 4 Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in Sugar Sprinkles Funnel Cake, Peppermint Bark, Pomegranate Bubbly, Old Fashioned Eggnog and 4 Lip Shine in Sugar Sprinkles Funnel Cake, Peppermint Bark, Pomegranate Bubbly, Old Fashioned Eggnog. My personal favourites - Sugar Sprinkles Funnel Cake and Peppermint Bark! I also love the recipes on the bottles - something I will have to try this holiday!
- Aveda Grounding Soy Wax Candle ($29 USD): Lighting some candles is the perfect ambiance for a relaxing soak in the bath. Aveda's soy wax candle uses the aromas of pur flower and plant essences including organic vanilla, ginger, and cassia. You will enjoy up to 50 hours of aroma that burns cleanly and completely. Those that are green friendly will appreciate the chic 95% recycled glass holder it comes in.
- Jo Malone Cologne Collection ($95 USD/$110 CAD): For the gal pal that loves only the best. If you have the money to dish on a luxury gift set, this cologne set from Jo Malone will be adored by the fragrance lover in your life. What I love about Jo Malone fragrances is that you can combine with other scents in the collection and create your own custom scent. The set includes Grapefruit, Red Roses, Vanilla Anise, Pomegranate Noir, and Wild Bluebell. I absolutely adore Vanilla Anise and I love the understated yet elegant packaging.
- La Mer The Discovery Collection ($260.00 USD): I'm all for dishing out money on expensive skincare because to me good skin is the most important. La Mer isn't just expensive - it's luxuriously expensive so only splurge on this for your BFF or yourself! But when it comes to this line it's definitely worth it! I love La Mer cream and I wish I could own multiple tubs of this. This set includes 1 oz Creme de la Mer, The Radiant Serum .5 oz, and The Eye Balm Intense .17 oz.
So, what's on your wish list? How much do you spend on friends?
Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them.