Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Beauty Review 2012: Pretty Pastels With mark. Cosmetics!


This past week we’ve been hit with such beautiful weather.  Spring is definitely in the air!  One way I’ve been getting into the spring season is by wearing pretty light colors on my eyes.  Here’s a palette from mark. Cosmetics that I’ve been liking.  It’s part of their customized palettes.  The colors I tried were Glitterati (a light shimmery green), and 3 of the Violet Femme Shades in Mystical (light shimmery lilac), Pink Dusk (pink shimmer, and Violet Ink (matte light purple).  All the colors are beautiful and really complement one another.  The purple is especially nice if you have brown eyes and will make them pop!  

Glitterati, Mystical, Pink Dusk, Violet Ink

One thing I love about this palette is that you can customize it.  The palette itself is magnetized allowing you to interchange the shadow pans if you happen to have more than 4 in your collection.  I also like that the sizes of the shadow pans are quite large so you’re getting a fair amount of product in there.  This palette also comes with a little brush which is nice especially if you want to take this with you on the go.  I like to use my personal brushes so I didn't find a lot of use for it.  There's also a handy mirror inside which is convenient for quick touch ups.  In terms of color pay off I’d have to say that the pigmentation of the shimmery colors are a lot better than the matte shade.  I do wish the matte one was a tad more pigmented.  So if you’re looking to pick out some colors out I’d definitely go for the shimmery shades! This is a perfect a palette for those of you on the go and who like to touch up their eye shadow during the day.

Have you tried mark. cosmetics customizable palettes?  If so how do you like them? Makeup Junkie wants to know!

 If you'd like to purchase this palette or any mark. or Avon products and you're in the Toronto area, contact Avon representative, Elaine from Toronto Beauty Reviews, and visit her Facebook page and From Elaine Next Door blog to keep up with the latest Avon and mark. launches!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty colors!

Anonymous said...

nice swatches

Unknown said...

OMG!! Thanks for the shout out Donna!

The mark palettes are one of my favorites too. So fun to mix and match whichever colours suit your mood :)

Chic Studios NYC said...

love these colors! Have you seen a makeup tutorial with pink colors by Shisheido? LOVE IT!

Donna Marie said...

Thanks Ladies! @Elaine yes I love how you can mix and match. I may have to get more from you! :)

Reckless Beauty said...

REALLY loving the pink color on this palette.